• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by 46camper

1. 4

Patriot Magazine Disassembly

Yea I’m sending it back and ordering another magazine Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. 4

Patriot.350

I bought a extra magazine for my Patriot.350 Ledgend. After waiting almost a year for it to be in stock. I just got it last Friday. I loaded it and of course just my luck it wouldn’t work. It points the bullets down so when the bolt slides forward to chamber the round the bullet slams into the...
  3. 4

Patriot Magazine Disassembly

Push the follower all the way to the bottom of magazine well . There are( 2 false walls ). You will see what I’m talking about when you push the follower to the bottom. While holding the follower down you will need to slide one of if you both of the side wall pieces out . I had to do one at...
  4. 4

Mossberg 500 double feed

I replaced the shell elevator, the shell stop and the shell interrupter. That did not stop the double feed. Then I replaced the shell fallower. Still the 500 was double feeding. So while was replacing the follower I noticed the magazine spring was short. I replaced it . Run some 2 3/4 inch and...
  5. 4

Backup communication

I did not buy the amp. I’m still undecided about what I’m going to do for a base radio yet. This Friday I ordered a GMRS tuned Nagoya antenna for my personal radio. I also ordered Midland mag mounted antenna for the vehicle. I will have other uses for it. The performance I got from the BTech V1...
  6. 4

Backup communication

All my HT radio’s are repeater capable. 4of the 5 are capable of out of band scanning. RX only . They scan VHF also . Of course I live in a area that it seems that most of the different radio services are not being used . Every now and again , I catch a repeater identification broadcast Sent...
  7. 4

Backup communication

So I have decided to just use a higher watt. HT unit for my base station radio and add a amp. also. The amp will boost my radios output power quite a bit. According to the specs. The amp will take a radio that is pushing out 2watts and move it to 10-20 watts . So I figure a 5 or 10 watt radio...
  8. 4

Backup communication

Got my antenna Saturday I set it up and connected it to a 5watt hand held unit . I did some range test Saturday evening. I got 2 more miles with it . The other radio was a hand held radio in a vehicle. So it really wasn’t a good test . My wife was helping she took the other radio and went as far...
  9. 4

Backup communication

I ordered my antenna and a couple other things . I have pretty much decided to go with the midland MXT115. It’s only 15 watt radio but it fits my budget plus comes with a antenna that I can use for other things . I may even get a pig tail so I can use the original midland antenna with a hand...
  10. 4

Backup communication

I’m going to work on the EMP stuff after I get the communication set up. For now I’m working on my base station set up . If I don’t get the ranges I want I’m also going to put together a couple portable simplex repeaters Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. 4

Backup communication

I have also been checking into those also . I’m trying to get most of our group to have at least one standard form of communication. The easiest is GMRS as far as licensing plus available radios. Most of the group probably won’t buy the type of GMRS radios like I have they will most likely buy...
  12. 4

Backup communication

Any military with any kind of tech. Can jam the signal and will jam signals when invading. I have also thought about the marine radios also . I would imagine that in a worse case situation and there was no signal jamming that CB , FRS ,GMRS and even Ham radio transmission will be over loaded ...
  13. 4

Backup communication

So what’s everyone’s backup communications plan. I know most are going to say a Ham radio of some sort. Getting the license is fairly extensive and most won’t want to get that much involved in radio. A lot will say CB . My plan is to have several types . GMRS radio being my mid range...
  14. 4

Mossberg 500 double feed

Ok thank you . It’s what figured . There is a reason they make them as long as they do Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. 4

Mossberg 500 double feed

Mine is really close to that now . I bought the gun used . I think that to fix the problem they tried to cut the magazine spring down . I also think that I should order another magazine spring . I’m just going to order the magazine spring. I’m also going to order another shell stop and shell...
Back