• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by AbyssDncr

1. AbyssDncr

Mossberg 500 Bantam, 505 Youth, 500 Super Bantam Accessories

I’ve used kydex to wrap a 20 ga forend tube to make a 12 ga. forend work on a 20 ga., but yes, you’re gonna need to swap out to a longer tube than the bantam one.
  2. AbyssDncr

Howdy from the OK state of Indiana

Welcome from the breadbasket state. Not too sure where exactly that foots on the continuum of “OK”, but I’m guessing it’s somewhere between marginal and mediocre...
  3. AbyssDncr

New 500 help needed

Take a video, publish to YouTube, and post back here with the link.
  4. AbyssDncr

New project gun - OLD 500C Cruiser

I picked up a speedfeed stock and tri-rail forend off of fleabay and got to play a little dress up with the shotties tonight. Put the speedfeed on the newest 590 and swapped the takeoff onto the 500C. I trimmed off a section of kydex and formed it around the 20 ga. forend tube. Took a couple...
  5. AbyssDncr

OR3GUN Combos with SBE Precision Piston Now Available

Love it, Joker! I've been mentally piecing one of these together in my head almost identical to what you have. About the only thing I think I'd think about is one of the XS big dot front sights. What light are you running on the other side? How do you like it? I don't think you gave up much...
  6. AbyssDncr

Another 22" JM Pro cooking together

Finally got the last piece of the puzzle I've been jonesing over in today, so I took the afternoon off work to go play. Add she sits now, 22" JM Pro, almost a full set of extended Carlson tubes, OR3GUN teflon MST & CFR, SBE piston, follower, & +1 mag extension, KE Arms mount, 8.5 MOA...
  7. AbyssDncr

Wood Furniture - Black Aces vs. Ebay Thai Wood (Burma Padauk, Walnut)

The Black Aces set looks like laser cut checkering to me - just like what Boyd's does.
  8. AbyssDncr

WTT: either PA-459 pistol grip stock or SA-20 youth stock for standard length SA-20 stock

Finally got the wife out to the trap line, and much to my surprise, she quickly passed up her old bantam 500C for my new full-size 500C. Watching her shoot the youth SA-20, I should probably put a normal length stock on it too. So, I’d be happy to trade either a PA-459 pistol grip stock which...
  9. AbyssDncr

8-40 - I bought a dozen lipless from Brownells for $10 when I should have just bought lipped from OFM at $0.53 ea. Brownells wanted $20/ dozen fir the lipped ones...
  10. AbyssDncr

The old .410 was the next victim. I'll have to look into something to touch up bare aluminum specs at some point. There's still one more .410 and one more 20 that aren't perforated yet... Mental note, next time buy plug screws with a top lip.
  11. AbyssDncr

OR3GUN Combos with SBE Precision Piston Now Available

Follower, piston, and extension arrived today. This is a 22" JM Pro, and the mag now holds 9 with about an inch of wiggle room. Great stuff - thanks Steve! Now, if you can make extensions and followers of this quality and sell for $20-$25, how about some reflex sight and Aimpoint micro...
  12. AbyssDncr

SA-20 finally hit the range...

Pics here: http://mossbergowners.com/forum/index.php?threads/similarities-between-the-sa-20-and-pa-459.13197/
  13. AbyssDncr

590A1 Big Time Barrel Issue!

That's a good looking boomstick, Karl! Did you contact Mossberg US as well or just the int'l office?
  14. AbyssDncr

Dangit, John, if you keep posting pics like that I'm going to have to start looking into hydro-dipping too! Those look great!!!
  15. AbyssDncr

I just noticed your project is an auto - is that a 935? Now, you're prompting me to go drill & tap the SA-20. :nofibn: Not sure why, but now that I have the tools... What is it that they say, "When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail"? I think the .410s might get some...
Back