• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by breakingcontact

1. breakingcontact

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Mag Tube Assemblies and Extensions

Re: Making a Nordic extension tube run flawlessly. I have found like with an AR15, you have to let the action "slam home". If you ride the bolt at all, it may mess up. As far as that **&%^*( joint between the magazine tube and the extension, the problem is that the handguard doesn't fit right...
  2. breakingcontact

Re: Mossberg 930 Autoloader Magazine Extensions Any word on when the Nordic +2 extension will be available again? Any leads on companies that actually have them in stock/on hand/ready to ship?
  3. breakingcontact

Re: Know of any places with Nordic +2 magazine extension in I checked there this morning. Anyone know when these things may be in again? To me it looks like the 930 SPX owners have made a run on this product as many of the Choate extensions are complete junk. I just need the tube. Already...
  4. breakingcontact

Know of any places with Nordic +2 magazine extension in stoc Been searching the web like crazy, can't find anyone with the Nordic +2 magazine extension in stock. Any leads?
  5. breakingcontact

How much fitting are you willing to do on a new gun?

After spending several hours working on a Mossberg 930 SPX, I got to thinking about how frustrating it was, but the run around of sending it in would also be very frustrating and it might come back not fixed. How much fitting are you willing to do on a new gun? When do you just ship it back to...
  6. breakingcontact

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: GG&G forward sling mount causes loading issue See my posts regarding the same problem without the sling adapter. I really believe they messed up in going with either the Choate extension and/or made the front of the hand guard too long. I ground down the lip on the mag extension but still...
  7. breakingcontact

Re: 930 SPX problem identified, unsure on solution I measured the difference between the the barrel and the magazine extension with and without the forearm attached. I then proceeded to trim that amount off the front of the forend. I then reassembled the gun and loaded and unloaded 20 times...
  8. breakingcontact

Re: 930 SPX problem identified, unsure on solution Yes, very substantial lip, I'd say about 1/16th of an inch. Spent most of the afternoon grinding this down, then polishing. Also cleaned up the sharp edges on the follower. I've went from a failure to load all 7 about 1 in 3 tries to about 1...
  9. breakingcontact

Re: 930 SPX problem identified, unsure on solution Didn't edit my original post as I want to be complete in my testing process. I was wrong. It was not the mag tube thread problem. I have since found I can replicate the issue with/without the forend on. So my problem has to be the follower...
  10. breakingcontact

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Forends

930 SPX forend fit I'm not able to fully thread the mag extension on as only 5 of the 6 threads on the magazine tube are exposed. I need to figure out where the forend actually makes contact with the metal on the gun and shave off about 1/8th of an inch. I can either do this inside or modify...
  11. breakingcontact

930 SPX problem identified, unsure on solution I can occasionally only load 5 rounds in stead of 7. If I chamber a round, then I can continue loading all 7 (+1). I know what's happening. The base of the first shell is catching on a gap between the magazine and magazine extension. How do I...
Back