• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by cadjak

1. C

First look at my 930SPX

My 930SPX order arrived at the dealers yesterday. It is a 10 day wait in my state, so all I could do was check to see which version it was. Mine has the standard, non-pistol grip stock. It looked to have all the latest changes on it; heavy barrel, higher front sight, and new style charging...
  2. C

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Re: Was Choate asleep when they cut the mold for the PG stoc Yup, I meant Choate. Ain't age a wonderful thing. :oops:
  3. C

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Stock Options

Was Choate asleep when they cut the mold for the PG stock? I know how expensive it is to have a mold cut. BUT. Unless I am missing some design benefit, the space left between the trigger guard and the pistol grip, not only looks sloppy , it probably weakens support for the stock. Since I am...
  4. C

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Side Saddles/Shell Holders

Re: Shotshell carrier options (Mesa, tacstar, etc) There are a number of negative reviews of the Tacstar on the Brownells site, http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=13103/Style_1001=Side+Saddle/Product/SIDE_SADDLE_SHELL_HOLDER#skugrid Most the problems were with screws pulling out. Has anyone...
  5. C

What R first things to do with new 930SPX?

To make it easier for others with the same question, here's the link to m24shooter's excellent list. viewtopic.php?f=14&t=1399&p=11423#p11423
  6. C

What R first things to do with new 930SPX?

I had no idea when I ordered my 930SPX that there were so many potential issues with it. I'm concerned that there seems to be so many owners reporting serious problems. From online info, it seems like a cleaning would be in order. What parts should get special attention? I ordered it...
  7. C

What Mossberg Is Best For Home Defense?

I understand that many people see a shotgun as a home defense weapon. It just would not be my first choice in a firearm for HD. It's too unwieldy in tight spaces and believe me, my home is a tight space. I have handguns close by, and I'm much more comfortable using them, if needed. Defending...
  8. C

What tactical/military watch and why???

Traser H3 The tritium vials are so bright that I can almost read by them. (seriously)
  9. C

Start the ball Tector!

930 SPX w/standard stock. Just ordered it. UPS tracking says, next Tuesday. I'll try to keep it simple.
  10. C

Post Your EDC Blade

Ranger EDC Click on Pic for larger image.
  11. C

Start the ball Tector!

The subject head is from the Wild Bunch film. I am city born, firearms "fancier". I've been one for as long as I can remember. I built my first rifle when I was 10 years old. Not a practical design, but it did make a nice, loud noise when it blew up. City life back then didn't allow for much...
Back