• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by David Grubb

1. D

Coyote Hunting

Re: Hunting coyotes in Iowa. http://www.iowadnr.gov/portals/idnr/uploads/Hunting/huntingregs.pdf They indicate a restriction of .24 or larger for deer but didn't see anything for other critters. Note, I just skimmed it, I may have missed something. Thanks, I got lost in their book of rules...
  2. D

Hog Hunting

I do a hog hunt every Feb/Mar in northern Florida and enjoy it a lot. I use A Marlin 336 levergun in 30-30 or in 35 Rem. This year I may try my MMR and use 75 grain Hornady .223 . As the guys said the best shot is right in the ear or aft of there a few inches; they will drop in their tracks. A...
  3. D

Coyote Hunting

Hunting coyotes in Iowa. What is the legal minimum caliber size for shooting coyotes in Iowa?
  4. D

Anybody got an MMR yet?

I have an MMR I used for a prairie dog hunt in July. It shoots real good; likes the Hornady brand real well. In general if I could see the dogs thru a pair of 10x50 binos I could blast them. Am looking to try a coyote hunt this winter.
  5. D

Prairie dog shoot in Wy & Mt.

Just got back from a p/dog shoot near Dayton, Wy. & Dexter, Mt. . My new MMR H is awesome. I used all Hornady ammo and mostly 40 grain. If I could see the dogs with my 10x50 binos the MMR would get them. Overall the hunting was a little slow due to the extreme heat and the dogs just didn't want...
  6. D

Hog Hunting

Re: Nice boar Did you ask the guys over at Marlinsowners.com about the FTE issue? There are some real wizards there that have helped me a lot.
  7. D

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

I found this site as a result of a specific Google search for Mossberg firearms owners. I have a couple of other interests and I use specific sites for help and advice. The internet is a wonderful place for information even if it has its bad points and seedy areas.
  8. D

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Hello all. I am David Grubb, a new member from Rochester, IL.. I purchased a new MMR Hunter 3 weeks ago for an upcoming prairie dog shoot in WY. & MT. on July 9 & 10. This will be my 2nd year doing this and I find it to be a lot of fun and more challenging than shooting cans off a fence. I am...
Back