• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Gary Murray

1. Gary Murray

Anyone know how to make a Trail Cam External Battery Pack?

Re: Anyone know how to make a Trail Cam External Battery Pac The first 2 are not the ones i want the pack for. It's for my Stealthcam that takes the 8 C's. The first one is a very cheap camera (Wildview EZ Cam) and the batteries for that one only lasts about 3 weeks. Plus they aren't that good...
  2. Gary Murray

Re: Anyone know how to make a Trail Cam External Battery Pac I have a camera that takes 4 C cells, one that takes 6 C cells and my recent one that takes 8 C cells. They want 70.00 for the external pack and that doesn't include shippng from what they said when i phoned them. You can buy the...
  3. Gary Murray

Need review on my new 8mp Stealthcam RogueIR

Just bought a Stealthcam Rogue and wonder if anyone here has one so that they can give me a review on it. Battery life, trigger speed etc. I've seen mixed reviews online, some good and some bad. It was a steal of a deal from $159.00 down to $79.00. I like leaving a camera out all winter but...
  4. Gary Murray

I have a couple of cheapo Wildview EZ Cams that have a battery life of about 3 weeks. I was wondering if anyone has ever made their own 12v external battery packs and would like to pass on their idea to me. Thanx. My apologies if i have this posted in the wrong section.
  5. Gary Murray

Deer Season 2012

I agree. I went to a farm feed store and picked up two small mineral blocks for $3.00 each. Walmart here started putting the exact same thing in their hunting section and wanted $7.00 each for them.
  6. Gary Murray

Deer Season 2012

Re: My First Bruiser Buck. Hahaha Mike. Paul. Another must have if you are back there a ways is a plastic sled for dragging out your game. You don't need to run down to Cabelas and buy one for over a $100.00. I went to one of our stores here called Canadian Tire and got a 6 footer for less...
  7. Gary Murray

Deer Season 2012

Re: My First Bruiser Buck. I'll take that as a no then lol.
  8. Gary Murray

Deer Season 2012

Re: My First Bruiser Buck. But hey Gary, I'm really interested in any pre-planning you did before going into a wilderness type hunt. It's a little more difficult than what a lot of people do. Paul. I usually used a tent with a stove that was towed in a trailer behind my truck. I had to work...
  9. Gary Murray

Deer Season 2012

Re: My First Bruiser Buck. Do i get any rep points for my teddy bear boxer shorts i was wearing at the time hahahahaha? Thanx Mike. I hadn't been seeing anything for 2 weeks up to this point. Not even a doe or fawn. We went out this weekend and camped and didn't see anything either. This...
  10. Gary Murray

Deer Season 2012

Re: My First Bruiser Buck. Paul. We do get big mulies up here in B.C. but very seldom do they break the 200 pound mark even in the rut. This guy was covered in fat so he was eating good. I got him in that area that i was telling you guys about when i built that game cart i made to pack in a...
  11. Gary Murray

Deer Season 2012

Re: My First Bruiser Buck. Thanx NS. What makes this deer special is i used a reloaded bullet. I just started reloading in March and this is my first kill with a reload. I used a 100gr Speer Boat Tail. I love 243's. Shot many a deer with one including my first moose.
  12. Gary Murray

Deer Season 2012

My First Bruiser Buck. Nailed this guy at 8.00am and got him in my truck at 12.30pm. I was hunting in a vehicle restricted area. When i spotted him at a 100 yards i thought it was a stump with branches. Turns out he was facing away from me and looking back over his shoulder. I lifted my wifes...
  13. Gary Murray

Deer Season 2012

I'm going to switch out ignitions on the quad too.
  14. Gary Murray

Deer Season 2012

My hunting plans hit a bump in the road yesterday. Someone tried to steal my truck and ATV. Another guys truck and ATV got hit in the same fashion yesterday morning too. They broke the smallest window and popped the ignition. Lucky for me my key is computer coded and the engine wont start unless...
  15. Gary Murray

Deer Season 2012

I only hunt with the crossbow from Sept 1st till the 9th. Then rifle season opens on the 10th. When rifle season ends then we get 3 weeks of bow only season again and i use crossbow depending on if i still have any deer tags left or not.
Back