• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Gfortythree

1. G

Question for Magpul SGA owners

Thanks for the links! Looks like I didn't use the correct search term when looking at Youtube. Just checked again using "Magpul SGA problem" and bingo, found one, except the guy said he used a file to adjust. I do have a Dremel.
  2. G

Thanks for your reply. Thought I had done my homework before I bought the SGA, but in all the articles I read, and all those Youtube videos I watched, everything was about installing it and user impressions. Never saw any mention of the trigger group removal problem. I plan to contact Magpul...
  3. G

Just tried to remove my trigger group and ended up having to loosen/partially remove the stock. Anyone else have this problem?
  4. G

Think I put my earlier post in the wrong place.....should be here

From my post earlier today: Look on youtube under "XS Sights SHOTRAIL". (part of Gun Stock Reviews). In the last half of the video, they remove/replace the upper portion of this sight and adjust the set-screw.
  5. G

Sorry for the confusion caused by my original post. The missing set-screw is part of the front sight and secures the upper portion into the dovetail. I mentioned "Ghost Ring" so readers would know this was NOT about any bead-type sight. Look on youtube under "XS Sights SHOTRAIL". (part of Gun...
  6. G

This is factory original (OEM). Looking at my 2004 OFM Field Guide, mine is Item No. 50517 shown under Special Purpose Shotguns, 500 Persuader/Cruiser.
  7. G

Customer Service just replied: "Send us your address and we'll send you the part."
  8. G

Thanks for your replies! I sent an email to Mossberg Service and their reply included this: "....We are currently experiencing a high volume of inquiries. We will get you as quickly as we can, but it may take up to 72 business hours for you to receive a response...." Stay tuned!
  9. G

I just discovered that my Mossberg 500A is missing the front sight set-screw (Ghost Ring). I'm hoping someone here knows the thread size. Haven't found any drawing or list of parts that mentions it.
Back