• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Headhunter

1. H

FS Two Sets of Stock Shims

I purchased two sets last December - because each kit only contains 1 drop shim but 3 to raise the stock, and I needed 2 shims to drop the stock enough to allow properly aligning the bead along the top of the receiver [Mossberg Marinern 12ga].
  2. H

Stock shims

I found some on eBay last month [December 2020] - bought two sets as I needed to drop the stock and each set only contains 1 drop and 3 raise shims. [Without shims I really have to force my cheek down onto the stock, and getting banged on the cheekbone gets old REALLY quickly]. Was the best $20...
  3. H

Mag extension 8+1 to 10+1 is it possible?

Hi Chris That's promising - let us know how you get on.
  4. H

Re barrel exchange - no, there was no charge - I believe that others before me had complained and they exchanged the birdcage for a solid extension without any hassle. Shortly after this all came about I saw that on their website they started offering a solid barrelled version off the peg, so I...
  5. H

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: New 500C Field Gun issues I have experienced the same issue with a 590 - there is a thread already about this issue, as a number of shooters seem to have encountered it. There also seem to be a number of possible causes - the standard safety is plastic, and wears, so ideally replace with a...
  6. H

Hi Chris I am in the UK and have the exact same Mossberg - if I were you I would ask the supplier [Saddlery] to replace the birdcage extension with a solid one - the bars on mine started bending after a few rounds of buckshot and the pattern was like a ring donut [big hole in the middle such...
  7. H

Creeping safety?

Hi Kilrain Many thanks for the update. I don't think it's the cause of the issue when I've experienced it, but all knowledge is grist to the mill! Again, my thanks for the information. All the best.
  8. H

Creeping safety?

Hi Kilrain I have experienced this problem with my 590. Tightening the safety screw seemed to fix it, but if there is another reason I'd love to hear it as it has proven frustrating in competition matches. Next time it happens I am considering loctiting the screw, but it sounds like I could be...
  9. H

Has anyone added a +1 mag extension to a 20" gun?

Quick update to my previous post - considerable further experimenting found that it is the follower "twisting" slightly, such that it gets caught on the lip of the original magazine tube. Spoke to Nordic who say that they offer a much longer hollow follower that should eliminate the issue; I...
  10. H

Has anyone added a +1 mag extension to a 20" gun?

I have installed a Nordic +1 extension on my 590. The one thing that I did notice is that with a standard style follower [the metal factory "cup" style, and clones thereof] the spring could bind up, stopping rounds from feeding. [Exactly the same issue occurred on a Benelli Nova that I had]. It...
  11. H

Dynamic Shooting - Shot Shell Caddies

Hi Galea It's a range with a shop - run by a chap called Steve Pike - the website is www.shieldshootingcentre.co.uk - you can email Steve on steve@shieldshootingcentre.co.uk He holds regular practical shotgun matches - usually around 60 competitors over a weekend - and carries a range of bits...
  12. H

Dynamic Shooting - Shot Shell Caddies

Hi Galea I'm a UK competitor using a Mossberg 590 - have added a single shot extension to bring capacity up to 9+1 [as you may know, UK law restricts barrel length to a minimum of 24", so my 590 has an extension welded on the barrel to comply, and the +1 extension brings the magazine tube just...
  13. H

Some initial impressions and a few ??'s

When I first started with a Mossberg pump it was a second hand model 500, and I found that pulling back on the slide as part of the shooting stance meant that I started cycling the action as soon as the shot went. The downside was a bruised shoulder [a Practical match could run to 150 rounds...
  14. H

gun lubricants

Does anyone on that side of the pond use WD-40? I must admit that on both my Mossbergs [500 and 590] I tend to clean them off using WD-40 on a patch and then give them a wipe over [spraying a little into the trigger action], and that's it. Some of the other websites that I have looked at over...
  15. H

Gun Ownership in the U.K.

Another aspect is that of ammunition. There is no limit on the amount of shotgun ammunition that may be purchased, and its acquisition is not recorded on either Firearms or Shotgun certificate. However, certain munitions that have to be used on a range - such as slug, or rifle ammo [.22 or...
Back