• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by JeepsAndGuns

1. J

940 Pro Tactical

Kinda looks like you are having a failure to extract and eject. How does the extractor look? Does it grab the rim of the hull good? Is the spring good, have plenty of tension? How about the chamber? You might try taking a bore brush and a short section of cleaning rod, chuck it up in a drill...
  2. J

930 Magazine tube question

Mine measures exactly 7 inches. It is one piece, the tube and nut are not separate. It is also made by choate. Mossberg does not make it.
  3. J

88 vs 590 a1 tactical?

I prefer the 20 inch over a 18.5 any day. In my opinion, you gain nothing dropping down to 18.5 except for reduced capacity. I will take the extra capacity. You got a really good deal at that price!
  4. J

Two mossberg 500/mav 88 rifled barrels

How about $100 plus shipping?
  5. J

Scoped cantilever barrel sold. Rifle sight barrel still available.
  6. J

Apparently my prices are too high. I based them off what I saw others sell for. Lets try $200 for the scoped barrel and $150 for the rifle sight barrel.
  7. J

I have two Mossberg 500 or maverick 88 fully rifled barrels. Both are 24 inches long. The upper one has a cantilever scope mount and has a bushnell sportview 1.5-4.5 scope on it. This barrel is used with only just a few light handing marks here and there. Bore looks perfect. The next barrel is...
  8. J

930 Tactical non-choke to choke question

I had the barrel on my 930SPX threaded for chokes. Probably the best thing I did to it. I can now swap out the chokes to whatever I want. I currently have a extended "breacher" choke on it with a longer mag tube to match the extra length. I had Steve Rose of Rose action sports thread my...
  9. J

SBE Precision Products Pistons are Back in Stock!!

Yes, I bought one for both of my 930's. No functional difference in how it runs. But it is easier to clean.
  10. J

WTS (USA) Mossberg 930 SPX, SOLD

I have a good used Mossberg 930 SPX. Has a few light scratches and marks here and there, but mechanically is it perfectly fine. 18.5 inch cylinder bore barrel 7+1 mag tube. It has cycled everything I have shot through it. Buckshot, slugs, birdshot, and even the federal 100 round value packs of...
  11. J

930 JM Pro Cleaning.

It is usually not needed after every time you shoot it. I will take mine out and clean it every few cleanings. If it is brand new, taking it out for a cleaning and light lube it not a bad idea.
  12. J

NIB Mossberg Consecutively Serial Number Model 500 Pump PERSUADER Cruiser Grip Shotguns

One thing I have learned about mossberg shotguns, is they are some of the best and most reliable, but have some of the worst resale valves of any gun I have seen. Does not matter if they are beat to hell, or like new in box. Seems like no one wants to give anything for them secondhand. Not to...
  13. J

930 28" Barrel

You could always buy a whole nother gun with the 28 inch barrel already on it. Seems replacement 930 barrels are a thing of the past. https://www.gunbroker.com/item/955695571 That seller is only about a hour away from me. I would be tempted if I could find another barrel to put back on the...
  14. J

930 28" Barrel

Curious as well. I would kinda like to have one myself. Seems they are unobtainium.
Back