• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Joe W.

1. Joe W.

Mossberg 100 ATR Bolt Action Accessories...

Hi Laley.....that is a Caldwell bipod.....Lazy Eyed Sniper suggested it to me as a substitute for the Harris.....I am very pleased with it. It is indeed the 9-13 inch model.....found it on sale for $40.00. I have also since added a Boyds thumbhole stock:
  2. Joe W.

hunting bolt action rifle

I have had a ball sighting in my ATR and intend to use it for deer and coyotes this year. I have found it to be sturdy and reliable and wouldn't hesitate to carry it into the woods. I put a Boyds stock on mine and had it at my club a few weeks ago....it is seriously dialed in and the guys all...
  3. Joe W.

I'll show you mine if you show me yours! ATR photo thread!

Re: Dressed up my ATR Itsricmo.....I believe the only thing keeping me from getting sub MOA results with my ATR are my optics , my shooting skills and style. With a better scope and a Lead-Sled I'll bet I could put 3 in the 10 ring no problem. But when I hunt I'll probably be shooting off-hand...
  4. Joe W.

Re: Dressed up my ATR I got to shoot my ATR with the new Boyds stock today and all I can say is that I am very pleased with my purchase. It is a ball to shoot and I got several comments on how it looks. I may be imagining things but accuracy may have even improved. I can't wait till hunting...
  5. Joe W.

Re: Dressed up my ATR It was shooting apx 1.5 in groups at 100 yds before the bipod and now the new stock. It took a bit of doing as I changed the scope after sighting it in originally and I have been trying different ammo and such. Overall I feel the gun shoots quite well....especially for...
  6. Joe W.

Re: Dressed up my ATR Thanks All. I have not had an opportunity to shoot it with the new stock yet. I hope to get out with it this weekend and I will be sure to let you know. If it shoots as well as it feels when i shoulder it, I will be very happy.
  7. Joe W.

Re: Dressed up my ATR Thanks Mike.....I originally wanted it because I thought it would look sharp.....I didn't really know that it would handle so well.....kind of a bonus.
  8. Joe W.

My new Boyds Thumbhole stock arrived this week and I installed it last night. Thanks to IMASHRIMP for the inspiration! I can't believe how nicely the gun shoulders, even with the bipod on, and the raised cheeckpiece helps bring the sight picture into immediate focus. I am very pleased with the...
  9. Joe W.

Value of ATR

Hey Barber.....I would check what they are going for on Buds or Gunsamerica to get an idea.
  10. Joe W.

bolt worry

Thatguy.....I have looked extensively for any substance to these rumors and have found nothing. I read the court case where the guy you mentioned was drinking all day...tried to modify his rifle...broke and abused his gun....beat it with a hammer when he couldn't get it back together , threw it...
  11. Joe W.

ATR Serial #s

Thatguy, rmontalvo@maverickarms.com This is the person who responded to my inquiry. He did not indicate how to read the date in the serial number. Good luck!
  12. Joe W.

Thanks guys....I think I am going to give a cheek pad a try.
  13. Joe W.

I am having a ball with my new 100 ATR....I upgraded the scope right after I bought it and I just added a bipod. Now I am considering a cheek pad. How do you guys feel about them? Will it help accuracy? I hunt coyotes with the rifle but also enjoy bench shooting with it. All opinions welcome...
  14. Joe W.

My Mossberg 4x4 Bolt Action Build...

Dan....your 4x4 is gorgeous. One of those is definitely next on my wish list. Are you shooting at Blue Mountain in the vid?
  15. Joe W.

Mossberg 100 ATR Night Train Bolt Action

Re: Night Train II Muzzle Brake Very sharp looking rifle. I am really liking the Boyds Thumbhole stock......nice.
Back