• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Motocrash

1. Motocrash

Dreaded stiff safety.....

Lefty's and cross bolt safeties... :crazy:
  2. Motocrash

Weapon Mounted Tactical Lights/Lasers

I just put this little Inforce WML on my son's new mossy, I really dig it. Right where it should be, easy to thumb. As a bonus, it lights up my fiber front!
  3. Motocrash

FWIW, I plan to go back and get the 14" shockwave in a few days. Looks like too darn much fun. Plus, it will look badass sticking out of my backpack when the apocalypse comes. :laugh:
  4. Motocrash

I had both. Also, the screw was not real tight so it came out easily with a gunsmith's screwdriver and normal pressure. I suspect the loose screw allowed the ball to abandon it's gritty home.
  5. Motocrash

No, the Hogue is plain ol' black. It had a ding in the right side so I stuck a QD on it that I had laying about. I ordered a 590A1 with that hand guard, I waited for a year then cancelled. I have an AFG on my M4gery (Knights M4RAS), really dig it. I think I still have an Mlok AFG in the stash...
  6. Motocrash

Originally, I had a Hogue furniture for it. My son loved the Magpul on my other Mossy so I grabbed a set for him and shelved the Hogue. We love the grip angle and the LOP spacers of the Magpul, the M-lok forend is not as big a deal, but it is pretty sweet and matches the stock (ocd satisfied). I...
  7. Motocrash

Yerp, wot John say. It's and 18.5 from the factory so no foul. I checked, rechecked, and checked again to be sure no overzealous ATF rookie would get his (her,it's) granny pannies in a twist and cart me off to the hoosegow. It will never be an SBS as long as I have it. I was tempted to buy a...
  8. Motocrash

Well, this is where we're at now: I know what you're thinking; "Why buy a shockwave and put a stock on it?". Well, a couple reasons.... I had a Magpul stock already waiting for my son's new shotty (he digs them) so, the stock stock was going to get replaced anyway. I wanted a 590 (not A1)...
  9. Motocrash

Found another issue; I was messing around with the safety and dropped the ball into the ball/spring hole. It didn't fall in.... not even when pressed with no spring. The hole was very tight and crusty. I scrubbed out the hole and the ball slips in smoothly now. Reassembled safety and it works as...
  10. Motocrash

Will do. Unfortunately, one of the remaining parts I'm waiting for is a metal safety, It was supposed to be here today. The new safety has a little lip on it (NDZ?) to make it easier since I shoot a lot with gloves. I've had and used Mossys with plastic safetys and never had an issue. After this...
  11. Motocrash

Thankfully, my screw was loose enough that it came out pretty easily. The spring is in good shape, as is the ball. I have no idea how the ball ended up where it was but I think it was maybe a combination of several things. I noticed that the plate under the safety has a burr around the hole...
  12. Motocrash

It got a few other things.... still waiting for a few more tho. Hopefully, they'll all be slapped on before the next range sesh so my youngest (his B-day present) can burn through a couple boxes of ammo with his new blaster.
  13. Motocrash

Got a new 18.5" Shockwave this week... I was in a hurry to get back home before rush hour hit (I was 2 hours from home as it was) and didn't yank it from the box and check her out. Not that it mattered much, guns don't remain "stock" for long in my house and this one already had a small pile of...
  14. Motocrash

Mossberg 590A1 Out of Stock

Just an update: 6 months in, still no joy. Anyone have better luck?
  15. Motocrash

Mossberg 590A1 Out of Stock

:omg: I'm surprised you don't see tons of LNIB Mossys out there. In a few months the market will be flooded with them.
Back