• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by petecamp

1. petecamp

Bug-out Vehicles (BOV's)

I think this one is around $15K. 9,200 original miles! Seems like a pretty decent bargain. Someone might offer a kit for the brake issue. http://www.easternsurplus.net/
  2. petecamp

Bug-out Vehicles (BOV's)

I know I'm late to the party here, but have any of you ever considered one of these? One of the great things it does is run on almost any kind of fuel that burns - including used engine oil!
  3. petecamp

Does a slug kinda defeat the purpose of an HD shotgun?

Does a slug defeat the purpose of an HD shotgun? No. But it is vastly different in its usage and effects in that setting. Rather than go into a lot of discussion of the issue and in the interest of general education about this issue (and a number of others), here are a few websites that...
  4. petecamp

What IS tactical?

Tactical Operator: Tactical urban Assault Vehicle:
  5. petecamp

Should I "clear" my house?

Just a quick comment based on my years wearing a badge. IF you hunker down and call 911 and expect the police to come in and clear your house for you, may I suggest what will likely be the response relayed through the 911 operator? 911: "Police are outside your home sir." Me: "I think there is...
  6. petecamp

Birdshot Mossberg 500 or .38 special for HD?

Op....The correct answer to your question is first and foremost, practice until you can hit your target center of mass each and every time - in other words, don't miss. Far too many people worry far too much about overpenetration. If it was such a huge problem, we would see many more reports of...
  7. petecamp

.410 as a legitimate home defense?

Playing the devil's advocate here friends. My question is why would you want to use a marginal round such as the .410 for protecting your life? My life deserves the most effective protection I can afford. Seems only logical to me. The .410 only barely meets the FBI's 12" standard out of a long...
  8. petecamp

Is this rust?

shooter13....Buds Gun shop has 51663's back in stock - for VIP members only though. Looked like they were open to anyone yesterday. http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=mossberg+51663&osCsid=sal53gitm09c8fnbri25uijiu7
  9. petecamp

Ever fire a 12 gauge indoors, without hearing protection?

Re: Ever fire a 12 gauge indoors, without hearing protection New to the forum but I've had several hearing related experiences that might be worth something to someone. (Been shooting for 50+ years.) My worst ever: sighting in an M4 under a metal shed. I didn't realize my ear protector on the...
Back