• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Retired1

1. R

Anybody got 6.5mm Creedmoor ??????

That is a bargain. I put almost $3,000 in my 6.5 Creedmoor chassis rifle and it looks almost identical.
  2. R

Stock comb riser

I have one on my 835 Turkey Thug (I have a similar one on my SA-20 Turkey Thug). It goes on and off quickly and easily. It stays in place due to a slight 'tacky' underside. I got it on eBay several years ago. It has a 1" rise in front and a 1-1/2" rise in the rear. It puts my eye perfectly...
  3. R

Anybody got 6.5mm Creedmoor ??????

That is a fine looking firearm. I don't have a Mossberg chassis rifle, but I have several other brand rifles in 6.5 Creedmoor. You will really like the cartridge. I'm sure that you will really like the rifle also. I have an MVP Predator Varmint in .223/5.56 and it is excellent. I need to look...
  4. R

Firearm Photo Gallery

This is my hunting blind. I park it on a sand dune and wait to ambush coyotes. I don't shoot our deer. (and, yes, it has A/C and heat, plus a very, very long extension cord).
  5. R

Firearm Photo Gallery

No. Its my second floor window facing over a line of sand dunes. My back fence is 600 yards from the window. I mow out to 130 yards for a fire break and to make a kill zone for coyotes to walk through. I have a nice shooting table with a swivel office chair, a variety of sizes of sand bags...
  6. R

New member - long time Mossberg owner

....and we meet again. Its a pleasure to see you here!
  7. R

Firearm Photo Gallery

....and yet another - An MVP Varmint .223
  8. R

Firearm Photo Gallery

and another - A Maverick Thunder Ranch O/U 12 ga.
  9. R

Firearm Photo Gallery

Here is one of mine - A SA-20 Turkey Thug
  10. R

"We'd all love to see pictures of any old Mossberg's you have." I don't have any old Mossbergs anymore. Last month I sold the most unusual Mossberg I ever had. It was a 930 Roadblocker. It had a muzzle brake that resembled a Barrett .50 muzzle brake. The gun was so heavy, plus my losing body...
  11. R

Compatible ammo for the SA-20

This is an old thread, but I thought I'd add my experience to it. My SA-20 Turkey Thug will not cycle RIO buckshot. The RIO does not extract fully and stovepipes. It cycles perfectly and reliably using Federal Premium buckshot. I have never tried anything besides buckshot in it.
  12. R

My name is Terry. I am a retired Texas LEO, with 39+ years of service. I now live on a small farm in rural northwest Oklahoma. I have had countless Mossberg firearms over the years and I currently have a variety of Mossberg rifles and shotguns that I use primarily for predator & pest...
Back