• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by rickman

1. rickman

940 Shell Capacity Increase?

There are two versions of the JM Pro, a 5 shot and a 10 shot. Assuming you have the 5 shot, you will need to get a magazine tube extension in order to load more shells.
  2. rickman

940 Shell Capacity Increase?

Which model of 940 are you referring to? JM Pro, 940 Tactical, Hunting model? Assuming a hunting model, I would think there should be a 'limiting' device to reduce the number of rounds that can be loaded, i.e., 'plug. How many rounds is it supposed to hold as you bought it? Unscrew the cap at...
  3. rickman

940 part interchangeability?

I have both a 930 and 940. It doesn't 'appear' that the 940 BR will work on the 930. The 940 BR has a hole in the center to attach the BR. The 930 looks to be mounted different. Not sure if it screws off or not. But I would say it isn't interchangeable. GG&G sells one for the 930 that looks...
  4. rickman

940 piston to 930?

I know this is an older thread but... Since 940 pistons are not available from Mossberg, can the SBE 930 piston be used in the 940? My 940 Pro Tactical's piston looks like the same style piston as the stock one in my 930, i.e., no cut outs/reliefs in the outer surface. Mossberg does not stock...
  5. rickman

940 Pro Gas Pistons

I just got off the phone with Mossberg customer service. I inquired about the gas pistons for the 940 Pro and the 940 Pro Tactical. I informed him that the Owner's Manual shows two different pistons, one for the 940 (with single outer ring) and one for the 940 Tactical (with 2 outer rings). He...
  6. rickman

Show Us your Bike

Soul Fast eBike. Sonic Sabre Pro. Red Chrome. 750W/1000W peak. Soul Sonic Sabre Pro SS. Blue Chrome&White. 750W/1000W peak. Evelo Aurora Limited. 750W/1000W peak. Mid Motor, belt drive, automatic shifting and manual shifting.
  7. rickman

940 JM Pro...slack @ barrel-chamber

I had the same issue awhile back. The magazine tube extension screws into the nut. I had screwed the tube in the nut too far which did not allow the nut to tighten down enough causing the barrel to move slightly and the forearm to rattle. Back out the tube from the nut a bit and tighten down...
  8. rickman

WTS: SBE Precision Products Mossberg 930 (Pistons, Followers, Mag Extension Caps)

It appears these pistons are in high demand. I too would like to purchase one. Any idea if or when SBE will have a new batch available?
  9. rickman

Question about the 930 elevator / lifter

Here is a link for the Jerry Miculek elevator: https://miculek.com/products/miculek-competition-elevator-lifter If you want a pic of mine, let me know. Not much to see as it is just a black flat elevator without the cutout.
  10. rickman

Flashlight options for 940 Pro Tactical

The Fenix GL19R. $100 and it's rechargeable. Quick release too.
  11. rickman

Question about the 930 elevator / lifter

Jerry Miculek sells an upgraded elevator/lifter. Just installed one in my 930. Easy install and works great. No more pinched fingers.
  12. rickman

940 Pro Gas Pistons

From what I've read from the folks at Or3gun, the SBE piston will not work in the 940 plus they are sold out. I emailed Mossberg with photos and received a reply that didn't answer my question: " Hi Rick. The owner's manual is just a general reference guide, and pictures might be dated. The...
  13. rickman

940 Pro Gas Pistons

Here is what I am referring to: This is the piston from the 940 Pro Tactical: This is the piston as shown in the 940 Pro Owner's Manual, both for the Pro and Pro Tactical: Pro: Pro Tactical I contacted Mossberg support and the rep told me that the housing for the piston has two...
  14. rickman

940 Pro Gas Pistons

In the 940 Tactical Owner's manual it shows two different exploded diagrams. One for the 940 Pro and one for the tactical. This piston for the Pro shows a piston with 1 outer gas ring and the Tactical diagram shows a piston with 2 gas rings. ???
Back