• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Robinann861

1. R

looking to buy my first gun

Thank you. I have to remember I am not as young as I used to be and the aches take longer to go away lol. SO this is something I think I may definitely want to look in to :-)
  2. R

Alot of great and very helpful info. Thank you :-) One question, and I think I saw it somewhere in one of the posts...but not enough coffee yet to look back lol...what is the difference between a rifled barrel and not?
  3. R

I may go to one of the chains just to handle a selection of different guns and find something that feels comfortable. Then I will have a general idea what I am looking for. At any of the outdoors stores, I try to find a clerk at least my age lol
  4. R

Thank you everyone. John, the video was a big help! Dan, I will sign up on a couple of the sister sites and browse some. I have a general idea of what I would like and what will fir my needs. SO now, it's time to start looking and handling everything I can. Hopefully the shop owners will be as...
  5. R

My buddy recommended a Mossberg for me although he uses Remington. Unfortunately for me, he is out of state elk hunting for a couple weeks so I am kinda on my own in these beginning stages of finding a gun. I truly appreciate everyone's opinions and advice. You are all great people!
  6. R

I think I am narrowing it down some lol. a 12 gauge pump with more than one barrel, interchangeable chokes that will work for deer and turkey...possibly small game. I'm not crazy about the tactical look. Guess the next step is to go and actually handle different ones and see what is comfortable...
  7. R

Hi from NE Ohio

Thank you everyone. A great group of people here!
  8. R

I truly appreciate everyone's input. I learn more with every post. Is a gun with an interchangeable choke something that would be worth the added cost, especially since at first, I will be using one gun for different game?
  9. R

Hi from NE Ohio

I plan on being as well informed as I can before I walk in anywhere, and all of you are a huge help when it comes to that. Thank you again. I have been looking at the different sales ads and comparing what I can, but there is nothing like first hand info from knowledgeable people as yourselves...
  10. R

Hi from NE Ohio

I was definitely leaning towards a smaller gun shop. Cabelas is more than an hour away, but always fun to go and browse :-) Dick's sporting goods is around here as is Gander Mountain. If I could find a nice used gun, that is definitely an option. Thanks
  11. R

Hi from NE Ohio

Thanks so much. I probably will go with a 12 gauge. I have shot 12 gauge in the past without too much issue of recoil. I wasn't too fond of the 410 I also shot at times. I am not a petite woman, so I don't think I will have problems with a 12. Now how knowlegeable are the clerks at Walmart. I...
  12. R

Definitely alot of info, but very greatly appreciated! I know some, although not nearly enough lol, but am familiar with most of the terms. In the past I only shot single shot guns. I think I would be most comfortable at first with a pump, not a self-loader. In OH, for deer, a shotgun can only...
  13. R

Oh, I know no one would laugh at questions. It was really just a figure of speech :-) Learning something new can be a little overwhelming, especially with the choices in weapons. I truly appreciate everyone's help and advice. I am looking for something dependable, somewhat simple but versatile...
  14. R

Hi from NE Ohio

Thank you for all the "Welcomes" I am looking forward to the discussions and learning from some great people! I can't say I don't have a budget, but I want something that will meet my needs without all the bells and whistles. A good, all around, first gun that I can use for deer, turkey and then...
  15. R

I am definitely not looking for the fancy "must have's" I am a woman with simple tastes and that carries over into every aspect of my life, especially being outdoors. I'm still learning all the regulations here in OH, but yes, as far as I know, you are correct. I'm not knowledgeable when it...
Back