• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Sigrook

1. S

940 JM pro discharge on it's own

I'm not exactly happy with them as Mossberg was a customer of mine for years and the response was less than helpful and more in the form of an accusation. I got much more help locally from a GS
  2. S

I sent it out to a gunsmith who went through it and he says that it is fine. I have since had issues with the extractor pin as well. I will say when everything is working, it is a nice gun. You do have to clean it a lot (more than they recommend) in my opinion. Because of that, I may trade it in...
  3. S

940 JM pro - ejection failures (see images)

was finally able to try with some live ammo and it cycled through about 40-50 different types rounds or with no problem. about 3-4 different times when I would load the first round and release the charging handle, the load would get stuck. I would have to pull the handle back and release and...
  4. S

Tried it with snap caps and it worked fine for both scenarios. Will try with real ammo when I get back to a range
  5. S

seems to be ok. the problem is more that it doesn't make it all the way up to the barrel. It gets jammed before then which means I have to take the charging handle back to then release again to get it to load
  6. S

As an update. Upon a deeper cleaning (again) I realized the extractor was split and not working properly. replaced the extractor and now throwing shells 10' away. On the next problem with failure to feed. had a few jams while feeding.
  7. S

I have had more issues with this 940 pro. Maybe it's time to trade it in and cut my losses, but I just keep coming back for more with this thing. Today I had nothing but stuck shells all day with failure to eject. I tried 7 different shells from birdshot at 1170 fps to Slugs at 1450 fps and all...
  8. S

That is part of the plan for tomorrow. They are usually pretty good about responding.
  9. S

I was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of this before. yesterday I was teaching someone with my 940 JM pro. I had showed him how to use the safety prior to loading. The gun was then loaded while the safety was on and he was holding it properly (no finger on the trigger) with muzzle pointing...
  10. S

Barrel swap?? for 940 JM Pro

I have a 940 JM pro and wanted to find out if there is a 28" barrel that I can put on it? I know they make a 940 field w/28", but I can't seem to find the barrel only. I'd like to be able to use this for both trap and skeet if I can find a barrel. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.
Back