• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Recent content by Skip D

1. Skip D

Does anyone still shoot Silver Reserve?

Is it a Onyx??? Guess we are FEW and FAR between.
  2. Skip D

Does anyone still shoot Silver Reserve?

It seems this forum has pretty much died. Does anyone still shoot a Silver Reserve? I got my SR II in 2013,,, it is my go to Skeet Gun. I replaced my firing pins in mid 2014. I currently shoot 2-4 rounds of Skeet 3-6 times a month. Duties are split up between the SR II and a 930.
  3. Skip D

New 930 Field/Hunting

Did 3 rounds of Skeet yesterday. Shot up 75 more Gun Clubs #8 1 1/8 oz... Didn't miss a beat.. I DEFINITELY think it's a keeper. Had 4 other guys shooting with me,,,, one of them says after the 2nd round,,, that he was calling it a day and he really enjoyed shooting with me.. He went on to...
  4. Skip D

New 930 Field/Hunting

Ran 1 box of Gun Club #8 1 1/8 oz,,, 1 box of Estate 1 oz #8 and 2 boxes of Monarch 1 1/8 oz #8... Ran GREAT!!!.
  5. Skip D

Bolt not opening

The small end of the Recoil Spring Plunger goes into the tube first with the spring seated against the "Big End".. The small end has a cup in it that the "tail piece/rod from the bolt group inserts into. That is how the spring pressure from the recoil spring is transferred to the bolt. By...
  6. Skip D

New 930 Field/Hunting

Well, I took it out and shot 3 rounds of skeet. Swings good and feels great.. However,,,,,, I had 1 failure to eject(stovepipe) which I actually think was a failure to extract....... And 3 additional failures to extract. One of those was stuck in the chamber... I was using Winchester...
  7. Skip D

New 930 Field/Hunting

Just took delivery of a new Mossberg 930, 28" with Walnut furniture yesterday.. The intent is for it to give me an additional Skeet Gun to play with and perhaps an occasional bird hunt.. I really like what I saw... I tore it down yesterday to give it a "once over" and a good cleaning...
Back