• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

I will be republishing Dilbert here for the foreseeable future, until they cancel him in our paper, or until the Dilbert drought ends.
3C1F43A9-992A-4400-AA74-93F1F05A929E.jpeg

It must just be in my character.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
Brrrrrr! it is a chilly 37° this morning and there is frost in the boat yard.

I did all the Thanksgiving shopping yesterday and I will be cooking a turkey and a smoked ham as per usual. The cost of a fresh turkey has tripled here, and I paid $41 for a 12.5 pound bird. But if I am going to eat turkey, I’m not going to eat frozen turkey.

@John A.
It just occurred to me how unusually healthy I have been in these past four years nearly, since my wife retired from teaching public school.

The strange thing is that she doesn’t seem to be any healthier than before. But I have felt pretty good considering everything that’s been going on.

Still I’m getting old and worn, and I really felt it after yesterday. Before I went out to do all the shopping, I spent about Six hours rebuilding the big awning over my boat yard. I enlarged the basic size from 10 x 20 to 16 x 24. I reinforced the framing and moved the legs out of my work area.

I expected to have the frame welded on my project car by now but I haven’t been working on it at all. I’ve been dealing with other things, building bicycles and riding bicycles, and that is about it.

But I have done some planning and I think I have a much better idea of what I need to do now. It’s been 2 1/2 years and I’ve only driven it about 25 miles, so I really should get it together.

Today I’m gonna go out and clean up some more in the boat yard and tidy things up. It’s supposed to start raining in six days and I want to be as prepared as possible.

It’s supposed to be 65° today, but it’s still cloudy and dim. I need to let the sun burn all the frost off of my stuff before I go out to work. Nobody’s paying me to suffer. It must just be in my character.

:wonky:

Good morning all you rascals. Clear skies and 35 this morning. The next 8 or 9 days look good with highs in the high 50s to low 60s, and lows in the high 30s to low 40s. We might even get a little rain Thursday.

Well, gotta get a long for now. Ya'll have a great day.

Some sage advice for the day!

Will Rogers Sayings
Never Squat With Your Spurs On!

Will Rogers, who died in a 1935 plane crash in Alaska with bush pilot Wiley Post, was one of the greatest political country/cowboy sages this country has ever known. Some of his sayings:

1. Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.

Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.

Never miss a good chance to shut up.

Always drink upstream from the herd.

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.

The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back into your pocket.

There are three kinds of men:
  • The ones that learn by reading.
  • The few who learn by observation.
  • The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
9. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.

Lettin' the cat outta' the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.

After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.
The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.

ABOUT GROWING
OLDER..

First
~
Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.

Second
~
The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.

Third
~
Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.

Fourth
~
When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.

Fifth
~
You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.

Sixth
~
I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.

Seventh
~
One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it's such a nice change from being young.

Eighth
~
One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.

Ninth
~
Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable and relaxed.

Tenth
~
Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf.

And, finally
~
If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.

It’s 5 AM in California and no Dilbert yet. Scott Adams says that they don’t know if they will be able to recover the dilbert.com website after the hacking. It’s a miserable thing with all the problems in the world, that people have to go after a comedian.

Temps here have become frosty at night, but warm enough in the day. It’s the desert norm. But shopping and other things have kept me from working on my projects.

I have been covering everything in the boatyard, preparing for more rains next week. I wasn’t 100% prepared last time, and some things got wet, but this will be better.

I have 2 project cars and a rolling chassis, plus a small boat and some table saws, grinder, buffer, vises, steel racks, work benches, battery rack, and hoist, all outdoors, and now all individually covered from rain.

Over my “boatyard” have a 16’x24’ tarp, (up on 1.38” steel pole framing) just oenlarged at modest expense, from 10’x20’. Just sort of a big tent connected to my welding shed and house. It’s all just built with clamps so I can take it up and down, raise, lower, slope, and reconfigure it when I need to.

We only get about 10 days of actual rain here, and it never snows; but I have to be prepared when it happens, and it’s coming Monday.

Be prepared guys! Keep yer boat ready. All of those melting glaciers and polar ice caps are gonna go somewhere . . .

Good morning and happy Thanksgiving wishes to all of yous.

48 degrees here with mist and drizzle. Not a beautiful day, but not a miserable day either. How's that for fence sitting?

We aren't going anywhere today, and no company. Just a relaxing day at home.

You all have a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

It’s going to warm up to 65 today and be sunny, and all the kids and grandkids are going to come. There should be lots of bicycling and skateboard riding.

I’ve got to go wash a turkey and get it in the oven, so you all have a good and thankful day.

According to Scott Adams, dilbert.com is back up. But I thought this was funny enough to post no matter what.
A7A1D128-A722-4FD4-9332-2810E6D9D9A4.jpeg

Thought for the Day

It's not near as important how many years a fella has lived, as how many other folks have been right glad he has.

Regards

I did that as well, and it reminded me that while our daily newspaper comics are black and white, daily comics on dilbert.com are in color.

Good morning Mossberg Owners!

This was from Saturday but I thought it was funny enough to repost. My apologies to Scott Adams for stealing his stuff. But there’s only six of us that are going to see it here.

A6781C0F-0B49-42DF-9016-FE1607DE75B2.jpeg

(Screw it, I’m going for the trifecta.)

Good morning Mossberg Owners!

It has been slightly warmer at night, and the low 40s and going up to the mid 60s in the daytime. The expected rain did not come, because I jinxed it when I took the time to put up new tarps and cover up everything in the boat yard.
207A2D34-5ED4-482A-B0EA-D854E0FA79FD.jpeg

There is a claim that it will happen Friday, but it’s one of those hollow weatherman promises.

If you look at the photograph above you will see the ‘47 Plymouth on the right, My fiberglass boat in the middle, and a little trolling motor there on the left, all covered up with tarps.

Under the blue sit my little utility trailer and my dad’s old Scout. They poke under the big top where I keep The welding table, stock rack, layout table, grinder bench, heavy vice bench, buffer/sander, anvil, engine hoist, stock rack, parts rack, battery bench, table saw, compound miter saw, and the rolling chassis for the fake Jaguar.

Beyond the big silver tarp you can just see the Brown shingled tip of my welding shed. It almost completely obscures the top of the larger tool shed beyond.

So all of that stuff was kind of put on hold when the rain was announced, And I moved the bicycle building into the crowded garage.

5A4B8337-B5B6-4B87-BAF8-926E6969B724.jpeg

Is there such a thing as a quadfecta?

Photographs of the grandkids, wife, sister, son-in-law, and my daughter riding bicycles on Thanksgiving.
6A0C20E2-AF93-416C-B9AE-047C270B26EE.jpeg
CD8B4B1D-8D6D-4805-B496-B0CBDADA7427.jpeg

768C0E37-14DE-4064-B40E-FDE01A45B637.jpeg

CBBE96CA-269E-444C-83D1-360BEBF807A7.jpeg

757B17B4-1B4A-41A8-B698-B4BD342052E1.jpeg

2AB487E6-391C-49E1-B777-6F0BC184F9DD.jpeg

1D381338-3000-44A5-8F5F-BC2324F4C3EE.jpeg

The expected rain did not come, because I jinxed it when I took the time to put up new tarps and cover up everything in the boat yard.
We had Tday dinner at our neighbors, sort of a potluck event in their garage and in the driveway. It was looking like rain so I brought my 10'x10' tarp and a couple extra tables for the overflow (dropped off earlier with my car). About 30 people showed up. We walked from our house maybe an 1/8 of a mile and I brought my "lucky" umbrella just in case--a full-size, non-collapsing, heavy-weight unit. I call it "lucky" because if I take it into a store because it looks like it may be raining when I get out, and deal with managing it/carrying it throughout the store, 75% of the time it will NOT be raining when I get out. :)

Crazy Prices!!!!!

Yesterday, to avoid the weekend holiday crowds we took at trip to town to replinish some provisions.

In a big name store, Safeway, the oats and nuts bread was $5.89 a loaf. Now this was a name brand, Franz, bread certainly not some gourmet brand.

But $5.89 a loaf! I remember paying $1.99 or just over $2 per load a year or so ago.

And the government's stated inflation rate is 8 point something???

Keeps going like this none of us can afford to eat. Guess that's one way to lose weight.

Regards

Back