• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I was trying to decide if I was gonna ride the bike but it looks like it might actually rain today. We certainly need it because my trees have suffered from the lack of rain.

So far though, just an unsatisfying drizzle, & it continues to get colder and gloomier..

I’ve been spending all my free time in the garage working on bikes. But last night I had to move everything out of the way so I could bring Christmas down out of the attic. This gave me the opportunity to line up all the bikes and take a photograph.

They are all operational now except for this one, which still needs a little structural work and a better sissy bar. Also the seat needs to come up a lot, if a normal human being is expected to ride it.
View attachment 28385
So here’s the whole troop.
View attachment 28384
View attachment 28386

Oh yes, @Scoop was wise about bikes and me.
I think you might need an intervention Cadd...your bike collection must rival your gun collection for sure!

Think Cadd is trying to get a corner on the bicycle market so when the State of Confusion bans all gas engines and the power grid is down so no one can charge their dead EVs he can start selling his bicycle stash and quadruple his investment.

Sounds like a good plan!!!!

Regards

Good morning to all of you. Ernst I think you are onto something . Caddz Customz has a nice ring to it. Actually I wish I as energetic and resourceful as he is.

We had an overnight low of 49 and headed for the low 60s. The wind is forecast to pick to 40 mph this afternoon with an approaching cold front. Rain overnight.

ya’ll have yourselves a great day.

I wanna write a long post about how rainy it’s been and how much I appreciate it but my phone is down to 2% and I need to go plug it in pronto.

Well the seat is way too low and I don’t think any human being could ride this. I need some more tubing so I can make longer struts.
DA0483F4-5F2D-4E1C-9B04-A1DDBA07EB23.jpeg
Well it has been cool and wet but not that cold. I’m sure a lot of snow fell on the mountain but we won’t see it until this cloud cover lifts and then I’ll try to take a glorious picture of the afternoon sun striking on Mount Whitney And the sierra Nevada front.

Good morning to all of you. Ernst I think you are onto something . Caddz Customz has a nice ring to it. Actually I wish I as energetic and resourceful as he is.

We had an overnight low of 49 and headed for the low 60s. The wind is forecast to pick to 40 mph this afternoon with an approaching cold front. Rain overnight.

ya’ll have yourselves a great day.
Meany, think the two of us have set up his new business. My original idea and your great name!!!

Caddz Customz ---- perfect business name!

The only lingering question is what precentage should we get? What say you Cadd?

Regards

Meany, think the two of us have set up his new business. My original idea and your great name!!!

Caddz Customz ---- perfect business name!

The only lingering question is what precentage should we get? What say you Cadd?

Regards

You don’t understand how these businesses work. You’re assuming that they actually make money. Remember what Andy Granatelli said about the auto business? If you want to make 1 million bucks then start with 5 million and work backwards.

Well I had to run around and do more shopping today and I put up all the Christmas lights so I didn’t get much work done on the bike.

I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to make the rear cover plates and just how structural they need to be.

I’ve been digging thru my stash of hoarded materials and I find that I have some 0.1” hard tempered 301 Stainless, surplus from the Air Force, some 0.132” thick low temper aluminum checker plate, that I bought when I worked at manlift in 1983, and have been carting around ever since. I also have this tempered & black anodized extruded aluminum plate 0.112” thick which is actually the door from a computer.

DACAA45A-B908-461C-ABE2-3D8F08FADC66.jpeg

I have some steel tubing if I decide to use the stainless, but if I decide to use you I also have some aluminum tubing. These are some poles from a Ted Williams camping tent made about 1961. If I decide to use them it will be my first attempt at welding aluminum.
F3DB266E-0DFA-4473-A3AD-28026B73A01A.jpeg

Good morning y'all. Things here are very wet. And cold. Above freezing, but low 40's anyway. Wife and I will be attending a wedding tonight.

Good morning to all of you. Sunny sky this morning and 30 degrees. The wind has subsided as well.

Cadd, I had not heard Andy Granatellis' name in decades. I was a fan of USAC back in the late 50s through the 60s. His was almost a household name back then.

Well, all of yous have a great day.

I think Andy was actually talking about Indy racing at the time.

No bike riding today, I am afraid.

It is wet and rainy here today & not too much will be happening outdoors, but fortunately I got the Christmas lights put up yesterday.

I’ll probably get my new sissy bar welded together today, but I wanted it to be aluminum and I don’t have any experience welding the stuff. Also it should be normalized in an oven after welding. That relieves any internal stress from welding.

So I am probably going to build a steel arrangement, and get this thing together. I will mess with it later when I have time to practice welding.

I shot this photo in the rain while out shopping. Koh I Noor was a famous diamond, and also a drafting equipment company. I have used several of their products over the decades.
55D240CA-E0DB-435F-9A2E-FEA57C180787.jpeg
Anyhow we have a growing population of people here from India and Pakistan. Many of them are Hindus or Siekhs. In the past it has been largely the Muslims and Armenians.

So I found this amusing, and we will see what kind of a diamond this new grocery store turns out to be.

Good morning to all. Cloudy, calm, and 39.

If memory serves me, USAC was the sanctioning body for most open wheel (4 wheels) including the Indy 500 during Andy Granatellis' heyday. He was a very creative and innovative man.

Then again my memory may not be serving me, lol.

Ya'll have yourselves a great day.

Good morning to all. Cloudy, calm, and 39.

If memory serves me, USAC was the sanctioning body for most open wheel (4 wheels) including the Indy 500 during Andy Granatellis' heyday. He was a very creative and innovative man.

Then again my memory may not be serving me, lol.

Ya'll have yourselves a great day.
I never got a chance to follow that stuff much, because back in those days we were living in some remote locations with poor TV service.

This morning my hands are telling me that I have arthritis and I shouldn’t have stayed up until midnight filing the welds off of a bicycle frame. Here I am taking the brake anchors off of the frame with a Dremel and a file.

9C546B35-1E68-4A57-8FBD-D68376A15A6B.jpeg

Minor grinding and lots of hand filing. Duck tape protects the frame from accidents.

654801C9-0B97-4AEF-AAFC-46545EFAD259.jpeg
One done…
6238B338-063D-4645-86E1-68E67482E81A.jpeg
Both gone, like they were never there.
5DC3B563-96ED-4BD6-BD4B-52C3273143B1.jpeg
728716AE-77D1-4AB8-AB36-CABBC1006DD8.jpeg

Back