• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Savage 223 YouTube range results n133 and h4895

Yup. That was a great experiment with a frankenrifle. Bits and pieces from everything but better than the original

Now I want that stock for my Savage. I have one with the plastic stock, and to make the gun stable I pulled off the butt pad & filled the hollow stock with bird shot.

Of course it’s only for bench rest shooting, but it’s fun to watch my friend’s face when I hand them that little rifle.

The one I listed in the video is the actual part number I used. You can check on the Boyd’s site and they will list models in a pick list. Your action screws might need to be longer and your can probably order them at the same time from them.

I actually want one for my .22LR Savage. My .223 Savage has the fancy laminated stock, but it's not the thumb hole stock,

I finally got to watch the whole video. Very nice patterns.

I got to the point that small projectiles were not producing out at 200 yards, and started shooting 75g Sierra Matchking with Varget powder.
Then I was finally shooting sub-moa at 200

I only tried a couple other powders, with worse results. I started with Varget because the world champ used that powder the previous year, and it was available locally.

Back