• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Big_Al

Newbee

Welcome from Florida. Your English is very good. Much better than my German!
  2. Big_Al

New to this site

Welcome from Florida. Where Canadians go in the winter.
  3. Big_Al

Memorial Day, May 29th, 2023

In honor of every service man and woman who fell or became missing in armed conflict against our enemies since June 14, 1775. And special thoughts for the 514 men of my unit who fell in Vietnam, 1968-1971. 1st Infantry Brigade, 5th Infantry Division (Mechanized). For some, every day is...
  4. Big_Al

New Mossberg Forum Member from GA

Welcome from the NE Florida/SE Georgia border. Thank you for serving our country. I was Army, 1968-1970. My Infantry Brigade in Vietnam was on loan to the USMC, came under command and control of the 3rd Marine Division. We operated in Quang Tri Province, mainly along the DMZ from Khe Sahn to the...
  5. Big_Al

Mossberg 183K ??

I have several old Mossbergs, among them a 183KE. I love the little guy!! I do not hunt, but living on a farm firearms are essential tools. Parts for old Mossbergs are often hard to find. Good luck in your search.
  6. Big_Al

Another new Mossberg fan

Welcome from NE Florida
  7. Big_Al

Long-Time Mossberg Owner, New Member

Welcome from NE Florida
  8. Big_Al

Another Mossberg Owner

Welcome from Florida.
  9. Big_Al

Defender Tactical, New From DFW!

Welcome from Florida.
  10. Big_Al

Pictures of my Dad in Vietnam.

I spent a year in Quang Tri Province, that's the northernmost. My Army infantry brigade came under command and control of the 3rd Marine Division, and we operated with them along the DMZ.
  11. Big_Al

Mossberg 183D-B

I've got a 183KE. It has the C-Lect adjustable choke and two round blind magazine. I have heard these called a 2+1 round capacity, but I have never been able to hold the two rounds down far enough to get the bolt past.
  12. Big_Al

Hello from Tampa,FL

Welcome from NE Florida/SE Georgia. (I'm on the Florida side by about 2 miles)
  13. Big_Al

Hello from NC

Welcome.
  14. Big_Al

Where is the love for the old Model 183

My first shotgun, bought for $15 when I was in the 9th grade 50 years ago was a Mossberg 12 ga bolt action. Unfortunately it's long gone. I'm a big fan of old Mossberg bolt shotguns and 22 rifles, but as more people discover how neat they are prices are rising. At the moment, besides the .410 I...
  15. Big_Al

Where is the love for the old Model 183

I've got a 183KE with C-Lect Choke. She's a sweetheart. I traded an Ithaca M66 Super Single 20 ga for it, straight up. :mrgreen: I like to take her out with me at dusk when I put the chickens up for the night just in case there's a woodland creature lurking about looking for a chicken dinner...
  16. Big_Al

Mossberg 85B

You could try Havlin Sales and Service. I just checked their website and they did not list a trigger guard for your 85B, however they may be able to tell you what else would fit. http://www.havlinsales.com/default.htm
  17. Big_Al

Are Atrocities Part of War

This type of battlefield behavior has been going on probably as long as organized warfare. It spans centuries, civilizations and cultures. War is by nature inhumane. It affects all who participate, some more, some less. I saw things in Vietnam that I will never share with anybody. Those who were...
  18. Big_Al

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

Welcome home, my Brother. I was in the Army's 1st Brigade, 5th Infantry Division (Mechanized) in Vietnam 1969-1970. We were on loan to the USMC and came under Command and Control of the 3rd Marine Division. Operated with them from the Khe Sahn Plains to the South China Sea along the DMZ. The...
  19. Big_Al

Mossberg 340 kb .22 Bolt-Action

I'm new here, and am certainly no expert. But if that 340KB is in reasonable condition that price is about right for my area. For comparison, I paid $120 for a 321 single shot, but it was in great shape. A site that I have found invaluable is http://home.epix.net/~damguy/ Lots of info and a...
  20. Big_Al

Hello from Florida

Big_Al here. The wife and I live in a rural part of north Florida with our horses, chickens and dogs. I'm a Vietnam vet and got my first gun for my 10th birthday - a single shot Winchester 22. That was 53 years ago, and I'm still hooked. My second gun was a Mossberg 12 ga bolt action shotgun...
Back