• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. DaveinCT

.22 Pistols: Pics and Discussion

Re: Let's see your .22 pistols Some nice 22's in here!!! Was out this morning at the gun club with a buddy of mine that brought along his new SR22, awesome little gun. I've been a big fan of the P22 and MarkIII's but the SR22 could easily win me over.
  2. DaveinCT

Rossi's Complete AR... Mod.

Looking real good man!!!!! Let Allison know she is a great roll model to girls and especially my Daughter Meghan whom enjoys watching her shoot and loves how cool and calm she is with a 12GA, 45 and now the AR.. Ya never realize how quick you can burn through ammo until you start feeding an AR...
  3. DaveinCT

FN Herstal

Re: New Leupold for my FNAR Leupolds are excellent, this is my second one, my First was the Mark AR. I picked this one on trade for the Millett and wound up putting out about $380 in the end. It was traded back to my shop from a good friend of my buddy who runs the place so it was well cared...
  4. DaveinCT

Wheel GUNS!!

Re: One of my dream guns off the must have list. Absolutely beautiful pistol!!!!!!!!!!
  5. DaveinCT

New Leupold for my FNAR

I didn't care for the redfield on this rifle. My 3x9 redfield on my Mini30 is crystal clear where this one was blurry. I tried a Millett DMS-1 and it was cool looking but it to almost gave vertigo looking through it and the eye relief was different every time you looked through it so it went...
  6. DaveinCT

FN Herstal

New Leupold for my FNAR I didn't care for the redfield on this rifle. My 3x9 redfield on my Mini30 is crystal clear where this one was blurry. I tried a Millett DMS-1 and it was cool looking but it to almost gave vertigo looking through it and the eye relief was different every time you looked...
  7. DaveinCT

Day off so I took a couple hours to cut some firewood <PIC>

Re: Day off so I took a couple hours to cut some firewood <P I've done my share of chopping wood and I knew something was up with "couple hours" and the stack in the pic but hey you could be built like babe and had your big blue ox helping ya!!!! :lol:
  8. DaveinCT

Glad to see you're enjoying that AR Brad. They are a blast to shoot and the 5.56 round has a nice POP to it especially the 16" barrels. Get some vids up, I enjoy showing my daughter how well Ali does with the 12ga and the AR should be equally cool!!! BTW, That AR looks great!!!! Nice job on...
  9. DaveinCT

Nice Brad!!!! Congrats Bro, nice progress already!!!!!!
  10. DaveinCT

FN Herstal

Re: FN FNAR, my SCAR was lonely Had it out again today and zeroed the scope @100 yards with the Brazilian ammo and let a couple club members try it out. Just an awesome shooting gun and as one of the members called it "Frankengun". :evil: :lol: I broke it down for the first time tonight and...
  11. DaveinCT

AR-15 and Variants

Re: Assembled/Complete AR's Congrats, Brad. Nice job at doing your homework and picking a fine AR!! Kudos also for keeping your business local which is very important in these tough times. Hope the time passes quickly for you bro...
  12. DaveinCT

FN Herstal

Re: FN FNAR, my SCAR was lonely I'm gonna stock the Brazilian, I've already picked up 3 rubber sealed 140rnd packs for $85. I usually shoot the same stuff also. I've also got a few hundred rounds of PPU soft point I need to play with. I ran through the rest of the Magtech so I can zero with...
  13. DaveinCT

FN Herstal

Re: FN FNAR, my SCAR was lonely 149 on the Brazilian and 150 on the Magtech. It was not only low it was also off to the right a bit but still grouped nicely. I'm torn as to which ammo to dial the scope in with and which ammo to compensate with. I'm gonna try to get out with it a few more times...
  14. DaveinCT

FN Herstal

Re: FN FNAR, my SCAR was lonely Thanks LAZY!! Lovin it indeed. Had it out again this afternoon. I started work at 4am and was done by1:30pm so I had time to come home and head to the club. Played with a couple different brands of ammo and got some interesting results. My bulk buy on Brazilian...
  15. DaveinCT

FN Herstal

Re: FN FNAR, my SCAR was lonely I'm liking this one more and more. Had it out again over the weekend and stretched it to 200 yards and the results where excellent. Same Birchwood Casey splatter target as the above picture and I only had a couple misses which where all my fault, mainly...
  16. DaveinCT

FN Herstal

Re: FN FNAR, my SCAR was lonely Thanks Brad, good seein you as well!!! 8-)
  17. DaveinCT

FN Herstal

Re: FN FNAR, my SCAR was lonely Thanks LAZY.. megawatt, I hear ya on the breakdown, definitely not for the faint of heart that's for sure. I did break it down yesterday after a day of shooting 200 yards with it and in total about 350 rounds through it since I picked it up last Thursday. It...
  18. DaveinCT

Bolt Action Rifles

My Son wanted to get into some larger caliber bolt actions so I made it happen. I sold my beloved Mini14 and bought 2 Savages, one in 30.06 and the other in 270. The 30.06 is the Savage edge without the acu-trigger but the trigger is nice anyways. The 270 is a Model 111 which is very similar to...
  19. DaveinCT

FN Herstal

Re: FN FNAR, my SCAR was lonely Thanks everyone, I added a Redfield 4x12x40mm scope to it today and went straight back to the club with it, AWESOME RIFLE!!! It was raining real hard so I didn't take the time I'd have liked with it but these are the results @100 yards rapid fire 10 rounds...
  20. DaveinCT

FN Herstal

FN FNAR, my SCAR was lonely Hey fellas, long time no see. How's everyone doing? I've been fondling this FNAR at the LGS for the past month so I finally brought it home. Went straight to the club with it after putting the Trijicon from my LMT on it and man is this gun accurate. Groups are...
Back