• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Daryll

Possibly good news for English shooting..?

Here in the UK, getting a sound moderator for a rifle is much simpler than in the US... no tax stamp, extended wait, etc. We do have to have them listed on our Firearm Certificate (FAC), but you can request a sound moderator when you ask for permission to buy a new rifle. (I recently sold my...
  2. Daryll

MVP LC under forend thread size?

This is a bit of a strange one.... On the bottom of the forend of the MVP LC there are 4 threaded holes, presumably for fitting a pic rail. Anyone know, or can find out, what thread they are..? I have a spare bit of rail intended for Key Mod... the hole spacing is right, but the keymod bolts...
  3. Daryll

Why is it so hard to join the NRA..?

A few years ago I was a member of the US NRA, even though I'm from the UK... I was competing in US comps, so thought I should join and support US shooters. My membership lapsed during Covid, so i didn't renew, but I still get emails asking me to go back. With the possibilty of shooting in the...
  4. Daryll

Review....

5. Daryll

Bisley Uk long range 11th Aug 2021

Had one of my rare trips to Bisley a week or 2 ago with my Club... normally about a 2hr drive from me, but being summer time, it took 2 1/2 hrs to get there, and 3 1/2 hrs to get back! Bisley in Surrey, just south west of London, is the home of the Uk NRA, and a large range complex with ranges...
  6. Daryll

Looking for 20-MOA rail for .308 MVP-LC

Hi Guys.. I'm planning on taking my .308 MVP-LC out to the 1k yds, but need a 20 or 25 MOA rail to do it. Here in the Uk no-one sells them, and I tried ordering from an EU supplier, but they're having issues getting them.. (been waiting 8 weeks so far, and when i chased them yesterday they...
  7. Daryll

20 MOA scope base for MVP's..??

Hi All... Just put a new scope on my .308 MVP LC and zeroed it at 25yds. This also gives me a 300yd zero. I'm planning on taking this out to 1000 yds later this year, but I've found that I only have about 13MOA of adjustment left, which isn't enough for the big 1K. I need another 20 MOA of...
  8. Daryll

Uk Government hits a new low....

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/new-surrender-scheme-starts-to-keep-dangerous-weapons-off-the-streets?fbclid=IwAR2EMnI5PzkwNhK0DlK9sAw4lIbaOIXq8OE9bZ6Sq2SKAf3a72toTUugG00 "New surrender scheme starts to keep dangerous weapons off the streets" You may be aware that here in "Banned-it...
  9. Daryll

Mossberg MVP LC chamber problems?

I've had my MVP LC in .308 for a couple of years now and is been fine up until recently, when i noticed some of the fired cases had a bright ring around them. At first I though this was a sign of imminent case head seperation, but then realised that it wasn't in the normal place... these rings...
  10. Daryll

S&W MP15-22 recall

I know this isn't a Mossberg issue, but anyone who has a M&P15-22 should be aware of a recall on certain serial numbers which could have a problem with the bolt, which could cause in-inadvertent discharges, or multiple discharges...
  11. Daryll

MVP Varmint vs Ruger M77 Hawkeye vs CZ527 Varmint

I realise that the Mossberg forums may not be the place for an un-biased opinion... :lol: .. but I'm looking for a new .223. My requirements are for a bolt action rifle, at least 24'' Heavy/Varmint barrel, 1:9 or 1:8 twist, to throw 55 to 75 gn bullets upto 600 yds. My local gunshop can get me...
  12. Daryll

Florence.... and any of her type that follow...

I hope all you from the Carolinas and Virginia are prepping for Florence's arrival... keep your heads down and stay safe.... Personally I'm hoping shes all hype and will die out quickly... I'm supposed to be flying into Dulles on Tuesday and heading into WV for the NRA WSC later in the week, so...
  13. Daryll

More gun restrictions in the UK

Today the gov'mnt announced a new bill in Parliment to try to curb the knife crime in the UK, and also the acid attacks, by making it illegal to sell both to under 18s, and stop online sales. Quietly tagged on to this Bill, were some firearms restrictions..... Anything with a muzzle energy of...
  14. Daryll

London Murder rate now exceeds New York

So for all those Liberals that point to the Uk as an example on gun legistlation... https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/london-murder-rate-overtakes-new-york-for-first-time-ever-after-spate-of-fatal-stabbings-and-a3803566.html ... and I don't THINK its an April Fools joke...
  15. Daryll

So its only America that has mass shootings...??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-43518769 No details that I can find on the type of firearm used... http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/01/daniel-zimmerman/mon-dieu-a-review-of-french-gun-laws/
  16. Daryll

Building up foresight height with Epoxy putty?

Evening Gents, I have a Taurus .357 Model 66 with a 12.5 inch barrel.... what we call here in the UK an LBR This has always shot high (6-9'' high at 25yds) with my normal target loads, and after a bit of fiddling with it, I took the easy route of a mount and red-dot sight. However, now I want...
  17. Daryll

Sad news for all US amateur shooters....

The 2017 NRA World Shooting Champion, Amateur division.... is a Brit...!!!:D 6 of us Brits entered the event last week, all amateurs (although one is serving Army) There were a total of 232 Amateurs (although something like 15 no-shows) and 71 Pros. John Chambers won the Amateur Division and...
  18. Daryll

Further restrictions for Firearm owners in Europe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/European_Firearms_Directive The European Union (EU) has long had a thing about Firearms owners, and gradually trying to reduce the ownership, or effectiveness of firearms held. The latest amendment to this "European Firearms Directive" was proposed in 2015 and it...
Back