• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Joker18

If Mossberg Would Listen, What Would You Recommend They Change or Modify About Your Mossberg Weapon?

I wasn’t saying above that it was because of me the 940 came out. They probably were getting recommendations from Jerry Miculek and a lot of the other pros. I just thought it was kind of coincidental.
  2. Joker18

If Mossberg Would Listen, What Would You Recommend They Change or Modify About Your Mossberg Weapon?

They already did. I spoke to one of their techs about upgrades that I was doing to my 930 to set it up for competition, specifically the SBE Precision piston and the OR three gun mag tube spacers. The tech went online and looked at the parts. I was talking about and thought it was very...
  3. Joker18

Replacing fixed choke barrel on older Mossberg 500

Listen to your wife and get the new barrel too. I did the same thing years ago when I bought a used 12 gauge 500 from a pawn shop for me because my son wanted a 12 gauge and I had been shooting a 20 gauge for years. It was a plain barrel, 28", fixed modified choke. I bought a 24" vent rib...
  4. Joker18

MVP at an Appleseed full distance

Which MVP is the Predator? I ask because I bought my MVP when they first came out when it was the MVP scout. Mine was in .308 caliber.
  5. Joker18

Velcro cards vs rigid side saddles?

If you wear any Molly Equipment with the Velcro on them, you can attach the cards to your vest/pack/whatever and rip them off and slap them on the side of the shotgun really quick.
  6. Joker18

940 JM pro - ejection failures (see images)

someone else mentioned the lifter. It may be called the carrier. Could it be that it’s not lifting the shell evenly as in one side of it is a little loose or something like that. I would try one other thing too, when you charge the shotgun from the magazine with the empty chamber, have you tried...
  7. Joker18

Let us know how it turned out with live ammo.
  8. Joker18

pictures that make you lol

" I am BidenHolio, and I need more peepee for my bunghole!"
  9. Joker18

Boy that really stinks considering what the 940 costs.
  10. Joker18

Timney Trigger just installed

What rifle do you have it installed on?
  11. Joker18

940 Pro Tactical

I agree with you with respect to barrel clamps. This is something that I’ve gone back-and-forth in my head about. I did eventually put a barrel clamp on my 930, which can be removed with a common allen wrench. I used the shotgun a little bit before I put on the barrel clamp and there’s not a lot...
  12. Joker18

940 Pro Tactical

Just a note or a point, it may sound good to find a used 930 and mod it out however some new Mossberg 930 parts are in short supply such as certain barrels like the 18 1/2" security barrel. The aftermarket stuff for the 930 can still be had like OR3GUN or SBE Precision.
  13. Joker18

The No Solder Ghost Ring Sight Conversion

Great job on the ghostring sights! I considered putting ghost ring sights on mine however I seem to do real well with the bead, Slugs included. For me the bead is just faster eye acquisition.
  14. Joker18

The No Solder Ghost Ring Sight Conversion

I will agree somewhat. I completely customized my Mossberg 930 Auto loader which if I added up everything that I put on it IE Improvement parts and stocks modifications I probably spent as much as the cost of a new 940. Having said that it was a lot of fun changing out the parts and it I have a...
  15. Joker18

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

I do not think they are interchangeable. I will however check because that is a good question. It would seem however with the new design piston they would be different because the gas cylinder is integral with the barrel.
  16. Joker18

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Well that sucks! I suppose however in the normal course of things as product lines expand and improve that that is always a possibility. There is always however, the used Barrel market.
  17. Joker18

940 piston to 930?

I personally would wait for the SBE precision piston if possible.
  18. Joker18

How To Take The Bolt apart on a MVP

What is the bolt pull back?
  19. Joker18

WTS: SBE Precision Products Mossberg 930 (Pistons, Followers, Mag Extension Caps)

I have an SBE Precision piston on my 930 custom (my own 3 gun build), and it works really well. Mossberg uses a very similarly designed piston in their new 940 semi auto shotgun. On the TFB, YouTube channel, they have a new video of a 500 round torture test of the new Mossberg 940 Tactical, a...
  20. Joker18

WTS: SBE Precision Products Mossberg 930 (Pistons, Followers, Mag Extension Caps)

As an aside, if one was running a + 8, + 9, or + 10 mag tube extension the length of the magazine follower most likely wouldn't matter. In my situation, I am running an 18 and a half inch security Barrel, with Carlson's Choke Tubes threaded Remchoke tubes. The +2 mag tube extension and the +1...
Back