• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. sixbennetts

535 trigger group in a 590?

Same trigger group, right? 535 has the gold trigger, 590 blued? Are they interchangeable? Thanks!
  2. sixbennetts

Gold trigger?

I'd like to replace my trigger with a gold one. I'd also like a steel trigger guard. I found one at Numrich fairly cheap. Will this work in my 590 Shockwave? The 590 and 500 parts are all interchangeable correct? https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/259140A Who sells a steel triggerguard...
  3. sixbennetts

Mossberg flat blue finish.

Ok, working on my Shockwave project, and it occurred to me that maybe the way to treat this delicate flat blue finish is to wax or polish it a bit. I'd like to end up with a, 'more durable', semi-gloss finish. Has anybody used any products, (besides oil of course), on the Mossberg flat blue...
  4. sixbennetts

WTT: Gold Trigger

I have a standard flat blue 590 trigger. Anybody have a gold trigger who's willing to trade? Either just the trigger or the whole trigger group. Thanks!
  5. sixbennetts

Homemade tiny Shockwave light

I always HATE, HATE, HATED having my shotgun getting hung up on things. Trees, bushes, doorframes, even my own gear. Drove me crazy! So, I built my own light that won't. First, I had to find a flat magazine cap that fit the 590 Shockwave. Here's my thread about it...
  6. sixbennetts

Brass sling swivel studs

Looking for a handful of these. They used to come as part of this set for the Thompson Center Hawken muzzleloader kit. I found a place in the UK, but one would cost $25 shipped!
  7. sixbennetts

M249 barrel bag

Well, I was trying to find a case or bag I liked for my Shockwave. I bought 2 different take-down shotgun cases off ebay thinking one of them would work. Being on mil disability means buying cheap and hoping for the best. That didn't work out so well, as the stitching on both was rotten...
  8. sixbennetts

Shockwave sling.

Ok, 1. Used Garand sling with brass furniture. 2. 6 shell cheap Chinese junk holder. 3. Assorted rawhide shoelaces from the kitchen drawer. I still have to darken and distress the shell holder and shoelaces, but you get the idea. It's actually really comfortable on the shoulder because the...
  9. sixbennetts

Mossberg magazine cap options?

I'm using the CDM light mount that has a sling slot built in, so I have no use for the sling stud magazine cap. (Just slapped the flashlight on for a test, it's way too big). Where can I find one of these...
  10. sixbennetts

I got a Shockwave!

Well, I was able to find one local. Already has a heat shield, too. I installed a second hand CDM Gear light mount. Now it's off to the woodshop for furniture!
  11. sixbennetts

Wood corncob

Bought this on eBay. It doesn't fit the pump slide, (action bar). Would I try to ream it out, or is there an action bar it would fit that will work on my Shockwave? Thanx!
  12. sixbennetts

Shockwave drop-shelf?

Ok, here's the Gunbed gun shelf. Press the back of your fingers against the wood panel, and it drops your shotty right into your sweaty palms. Great idea. Can't be hard to make a shorter one for a Shockwave. Anybody got plans? Besides the hinges, is there any other mechanism in this?
  13. sixbennetts

Refinishing a wood corncob

Hi gize! I'm refinishing an old walnut corncob forend for my soon-to-own Shockwave. It seems to have had a darker colored finish in the grooves. Like the poly was tinted darker. Rather than trying to match it and touch it up, I'll remove it and redo it. I prefer a semi-gloss because I want...
  14. sixbennetts

Inspect a used Shockwave?

Going to look at a 12g Shockwave in a couple days. He's only put 100 rounds through it. 1. Value? He's asking $250, figure I'd offer $225 and come up a bit. 2. What kinds of things should I check? Bringing a bright light to check the bore. Thanks! Donny
  15. sixbennetts

500, 590, Shockwave grip screw question

I don't have my Shockwave yet, or I'd just strip the receiver down and look. Is there any way to access the grip screw from inside the receiver?
  16. sixbennetts

A Nightstick idea...

So, I love the Shockwave because it fills the desire for a short defensive shotgun that's also fun to shoot, (hence, more shooting = more efficiency = safer/more effective). Now, this part will anger many, so prepare yourself.... I HATE THE RAPTOR GRIP. Blasphemous! So here's an idea. Buy...
  17. sixbennetts

Bead sight thread specs.

Are all Mossberg bead sight holes the same size and thread pitch? What is it? Will this bead fit my 590 Shockwave? Thanx! https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F152666384136
  18. sixbennetts

500 VS 590 bolt interchangeable?

Getting a Shockwave with my taxes. Is a jeweled 500 bolt gonna work in it?
  19. sixbennetts

Tacstar shroud + light mount?

Hi guys, Getting a 12g Shockwave with my tax return. Already bought the shroud, the Tacstar Universal barrel shroud: https://www.lymanproducts.com/brands/tacstar/shotgun-grips/universal-barrel-shroud.html Does anybody know if the GG&G light mount will work with it? If not, what light...
  20. sixbennetts

FNG!

Ok, FNG. 'Effin new guy'. Fellow vets know this well! Please don't: 1. Send me out for 50' of flightline. 2. Send me out for pneumatic fluid. 3. Send me out for a left-handed monkey wrench. Donny Plattsburgh NY Disabled AFSOC vet
Back