• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Warhammer

Show Us your Bike

My 2004 V-Strom 1000
  2. Warhammer

Best mount kit and flashlight for the Mossberg 590 Shockwave?

I'll second the Streamlight TL-Racker. Great product!
  3. Warhammer

Cap n Ball Revolvers

I'm curious about the finish on the center gun in this pic. Was it "aged" like that when you bought it, did you do something to age it, or is it just a really old gun? I love the way it looks so well used! Also, what are your thoughts on .44 vs .36 for guns like these?
  4. Warhammer

Cap n Ball Revolvers

I miss having a cap & ball revolver. When I was in college, I had one that I picked up at a pawn shop for about $50. It had a brass frame and it eventually loosened up too much to shoot safely. One of these days I'll buy another one. Probably an 1858.
  5. Warhammer

Cuomo rather get supplies from China than Remington

Any word on whether Cuomo has responded in any way to Remington, or whether Remington reached out to him directly with their offer to help? (I read that they "wrote a letter.) 1000 ventilators today is a more immediate success than beginning to tool up a factory that could start building them in...
  6. Warhammer

Doing it backwards, lol!

And as long as we're sharing bike pics, here's my DL1000:
  7. Warhammer

Doing it backwards, lol!

The no-name is marked "Made in Brazil for FIE" on the side of one barrel, and "ERA made in Brazil" on the bottom. Grandad did a home chop job on the barrels and never bothered to do anything to the exposed cut ends. The cuts are ugly, yet beautiful in their own way. They are very "Grandad." The...
  8. Warhammer

Shockwave accessorized!

I just happened across the Split Fix a few days after I got my SBA3. It looked good and, for only $22 I figure it was worth a try. It really firms up the bottom edge of the brace, keeping it from collapsing.
  9. Warhammer

Shockwave accessorized!

Looks great! I like that side addle. It looks kind of rubbery instead of the typical hard plastic. You might want to check out the "Split Fix" strap from Wise Men Company. http://wisemencompany.com/sba3-splitfix/ It tightens up the split at the bottom of the SBA3 brace. It's a pretty simple yet...
  10. Warhammer

Doing it backwards, lol!

Thanks, everyone!
  11. Warhammer

Illuminate Me

If I didn't have a brace on my Shockwave, I might keep the strap. But with the built-in hand stop on the Streamlight forend, and the brace to keep the muzzle farther from my support hand (the KSG is 26.1" from shoulder to muzzle, my Shockwave is 31"), I don't feel the strap is necessary.
  12. Warhammer

Mossberg 590 Shockwave...new owner

It doesn't have to be all tricked out for us to appreciate a good looking firearm. Looks great!
  13. Warhammer

Mossberg 590 Shockwave...new owner

Welcome! Pics or it didn't happen!
  14. Warhammer

ShockWave help

That's a good deal! I referenced the Mesa Tactical stock adapter in my earlier post, but I just realized that I actually bought the TacStar (made by Lyman) adapter for my own Shockwave.
  15. Warhammer

ShockWave help

Welcome, FJ! I bought my SBA3 brace from Opticsplanet.com, but they tend to be pretty much the same price (about $130) no matter where you look. You will also need to get the Mesa Tactical stock adapter ($80) and an AR pistol grip, like the Magpul MOE ($20) or whatever you like. So, you're...
  16. Warhammer

How about a top folding pistol brace for the Shockwave?

I have an SBA3 and I can highly recommend it. I added a SplitFix strap from Wise Men Company, and now it's even better.
  17. Warhammer

Recoil Pad options for 590?

For those who have gone with an AR style stock (or pistol brace, like on my Shockwave) this Kynshot pneumatic buffer looks like an interesting option. https://www.opticsplanet.com/kynshot-tactical-shotgun-recoil-buffer.html Every review I can find on it says that it really works and works...
  18. Warhammer

Tool/spanning wrench for forend nut removal

I'm surprised Magpul doesn't sell their forend tool separately.
  19. Warhammer

Plus One Magazine Extensions That Work?

Possible options: S&J Hardware (didn't work) - $57 Vang Comp (590 & 590A1) - $75 HFD2 w/standoff spike (claims to be for 590, 590A1 and Shockwave) - $62 Nordic Components (universal) - $85 Taccom w/standoff pasta fork (590 & shockwave) - $53 Choate (590A1) - $45
Back