• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. I

Who Has Done the Vang Porting/Backboring on a Mariner?

OK, I'm intrigued by this process, but I'm not seeing much posted here by people who have actually spent the long green to have it done and used it a lot. Is it "worth it"? Subjectively or objectively, how much did it tighten groups or reduce recoil? How much does the porting lessen...
  2. I

Anyone Have a Lefty 590?

So I'm one of the weirdos who is right-handed but left-eye dominant, so my whole life (I'm 62) I've shot everything southpaw. I've never been bothered shooting guns made for righties (I actually prefer R-handed bolt guns), but I noticed that Mossberg is offering the 590 in L-handed. Is there...
  3. I

Shortshells and OPSol Adapter?

I was so intrigued by this idea of 1 3/4 shells (and increased 12+1 capacity in a 590 without sidesaddle), that I bought the OPSol2 ($15) and a few boxes of the Federal short shells. The ballistics are pretty impressive, with the tradeoff coming at the expense of pellet count. Haven't had any...
Back