• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Rancid Loosehammer

New to shotguns, building maverick 88 18.5"

No. The blue ones are slugs, the red ones are 00 buck. Here is another pic. Forget finding a folding stock like this one, it is a discontinued Butler Creek folding stock. I got lucky and found one new in the box that a gun dealer found buried in his warehouse and put on gunbroker. Then...
  2. Rancid Loosehammer

Here is my tactical Mav 88. IT IS NOT FOR HOME DEFENSE, for that I use a little 380 loaded with Underwood Xtreme Defender ammo. This is for defense against a mob of deranged loonies if our world turns to crap.
  3. Rancid Loosehammer

what to do??

No problem. Light is brighter than hell and the green laser is easy to see. You made me really dig for this info ... it's been quite a while since I got these. :wow: I remember trying several different lights and mounts. These made for the cleanest combination.
  4. Rancid Loosehammer

what to do??

https://www.amazon.com/OLIGHT-WeaponLight-Flashlight-LumenTac-Organizer/dp/B07YNZMLXF https://www.amazon.com/NcDe-Tactical-Barrel-Double-Magazine/dp/B078RYXSF4
  5. Rancid Loosehammer

what to do??

Here is my Maverick 88. Just to be obnoxious.
  6. Rancid Loosehammer

I have this. It is a cannon.
  7. Rancid Loosehammer

I have a little Bond 45 Colt derringer. I usually carry it with stout Buffalo Bore loads when I carry it (which isn't very often). But even with just my cowboy loads I wouldn't feel comfortable letting loose in my house.
  8. Rancid Loosehammer

That lever action 45 isn't a six-gun, and will blow a hole clean through some perp in your house, the TV behind him and the wall behind the TV.
  9. Rancid Loosehammer

Well, my shotgun is a bit ridiculous on my night stand ... it won't fit. Anyway, the last thing I would grab for quick response would be my 10lb shotgun. I also don't want to perforate my walls, TV set or anything else, so a high-powered handgun is also a bad idea. I have a nice light 380...
  10. Rancid Loosehammer

Newbie Question: Bottom of Front Bead Sight Screw Exposed and Barrel Scratches/Rust

Those bead sight threads should not be protruding into the bore! And those scratches are not normal. If this was purchased as a new gun, it is defective and should be replaced by the vendor.
  11. Rancid Loosehammer

Maverick 88 Pump Action Cross-Bolt Safety

I never have any use for a safety on any gun unless I have put it fully into battery with intent to actually shoot something (or someone) then changed my mind and decided to hold off on firing. That is the ONLY time I will ever use a safety. I think storing a hammerless shotgun cocked, with a...
  12. Rancid Loosehammer

88 at the range.

Thank you for this heads-up! I just now ordered a MCARBO stainless mag tube follower. Didn't order the trigger springs kit because I don't want to mess with the trigger group and it works fine for me. https://www.mcarbo.com/12-ga-stainless-steel-magazine-follower.aspx
  13. Rancid Loosehammer

My Maverick 88 ready for whatever might come

Here is my Maverick 88 with its now-discontinued Butler Creek folding stock that I modified to hold four rounds and two spare CR123 batteries. The two little red things on the backside of the but stock are spare CR123 batteries for the laser light. The little pouch on the sling holds my little...
  14. Rancid Loosehammer

Maverick 88 Pump Action Stock Options

Here is my Maverick 88. The two little red things on the backside of the but stock are spare CR123 batteries for the laser light. The little pouch on the sling holds my little Opsul adapter for mini shells.
  15. Rancid Loosehammer

You have to have a certain degree of intelligence or you should not own a gun. Some dolt who grabs for a gun or tries to fish one out of his pants while a gun is pointed at him has no intelligence. R.I.P. stupid one.
  16. Rancid Loosehammer

Maverick 88 7+1 with no sling swivell in stock!

I think that gunsmith is full of it. The part of your synthetic stock under that flat is not hollow, it is solid synthetic material, tough as h*ll. Just be sure you use a WOOD threaded swivel screw and NOT a MACHINE threaded screw, drill a small pilot hole, and pay attention to how deep you...
  17. Rancid Loosehammer

Parts

I have never had blue locktite need heat to break loose. I use it on virtually everything. Red locktite is a different story.
  18. Rancid Loosehammer

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

I do, but it's a concealed handgun. And much as I truly love that 1911, it's not what I carry for general concealed carry. It is my side-arm for serious world-turned-to-sh*t street battle.
  19. Rancid Loosehammer

Leave your 12 gauge in the closet and get a high-capacity 380 like the Bersa Thunder Plus for in-home defense ... unless you want to splatter an intruder's guts all over your wall and furniture, have a good mess to clean up and have holes in your wall to patch and maybe a pissed of neighbor...
Back