• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. W

Maverick 88 Pump Action Photo Gallery

Hi all, finally got my barrel back from Mossberg\Maverick. Trying to keep it simple. Installed an Olight PL-2 Valkyrie, sling mounts (waiting on sling to arrive), and an OPSol mini shell adapter, and Limbsaver Airtech Slip On. Still undecided on a heat shield or not. Attached are before and...
  2. W

Maverick 88 7+1 with no sling swivell in stock!

This is probably a stupid question, do you keep the original butt pad on, then put the slip on Limbsaver over it? Or do you take the OEM butt pad off and then use the slip on Limbsaver only?
  3. W

The seller I purchased confirmed he has the same security model that I have. Interesting how some guns have a certain part and another doesn't. Anyways, the stock I purchased with the "nipple" is slightly shorter, slimmer, and has a nicer, thicker butt pad. I may not need to trim it.
  4. W

Newbie Question: Bottom of Front Bead Sight Screw Exposed and Barrel Scratches/Rust

Thank you so much for connecting me with Joseph! I sent the barrel back on my dime and they took care of it and sent it back on their dime. They polished the barrel and got rid of that gunk. They also filed down the bead sight and I can no longer feel it. Can't wait to use it this weekend for...
  5. W

Newbie Question: Bottom of Front Bead Sight Screw Exposed and Barrel Scratches/Rust

wow, thank you so much. I will definitely contact him. Hopefully I'll get better results with him than the Mossberg folks.
  6. W

Hi all, here is a better picture. I tried brushing this excess gunk/metal off but no luck. I'm beginning to think this is a manufacturing process. This stuff is tough as hell to get off! Just wrote another email to Mossberg with these new, clearer pictures. Let's see what they say...
  7. W

I bought another OEM stock with the "boss" (?), please see attached picture. Figured I can keep my original stock intact and I can butcher this one. I'll be using a circular saw. Debating if I'm going to buy the Classic or AirTech pad. I have not measured my LOP yet. I need a 2nd person to...
  8. W

Did you lose you stock sling swivel when you made the cut to your stock? Which Limbsaver or size Limbsaver do you have there? Thanks. I'm going to source a second hand stock with a swivel and I'm going to copy you and cut it.
  9. W

Good Morning from San Francisco

hello, from L.A. I just got an O Light PL 2 Valkyrie. O light will have a "flash sale" every so often. I wouldn't pay the full retail price because there are better options at that price point but if you can find it for 60-80 bucks, it's pretty good. Still researching the best mount for it.
  10. W

Upon further inspection with a bright LED light, it seems like it is some sort of build up of an unknown hard material. Like a hard crust or something. I was unable to pick it with my fingernails. Just ordered Hoppe's tornado barrel brush and see if I can get it off after soaking it in some...
  11. W

No dowel with 20" 7+1 model?

nice, good to know that some models don't come with it. I just wanted to make sure because mine came with other "issues" and the list kept growing so it made to start questioning things. It's going to be a HD gun so it's not a big deal that I have it. Thanks for all the input
  12. W

I think this is the route I'm going to take. I'd like to find a used stock to chop up in case I mess it up haha. Will be searching "How to" guides for pictures and measurements.
  13. W

The reason I want to install the Hogue 12" LOP stock is due to my height and arm length. Can I add the limbsaver to the Hogue stock? Or is that over doing it?
  14. W

Thanks for all your input. I understand this is a budget gun and can't expect everything to be perfect. I just want it to function safely. I can live with the scratches and will file down the bead sight. Every other part seemed brand new when I took it apart. I purchased this online from Mr...
  15. W

Hi all, I took apart my brand new shotgun today to do an inspection of parts and to clean it. It still hasn't been fired by me. I am a complete newbie. Please see the attached pictures. Should the bottom of the front beat screw be slightly exposed inside the barrel? When I can my finger...
  16. W

Mossberg Serial Number Data Base

Hi, this is cool. Purchased my Maverick 88 20" 7+1 in the end March 2020. The S/N is MV044XXXX. Label has a date of "03/05/2020 Packers: 446 & 1978"
  17. W

No dowel with 20" 7+1 model?

Hi, just wondering if there should be a dowel included with this model because I don't have one. I was loading 4 snap caps to practice and was expecting to load just 2.
  18. W

I just got a black 88 7+1 and my stock is like the OPs with no "nipple". Well, that sucks...any suggestions. I'm planning on getting the Hogue 12" stock soon anyways.
  19. W

Hello from L.A.

Hi All, New to firearms overall. Just brought home my first firearm ever, Maverick 88. Looking forward to this new hobby and becoming more proficient with the 88.
  20. W

Maverick 88 Pump Action New Owner's Area

Hello from CA! Glad I found this forum. Just purchased my first firearm/gun for home defense and settled on the Maverick 88 Security 12 gauge 20". Looking forward to gaining more knowledge here.
Back