• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. JCinPA

88 vs 590 a1 tactical?

Thanks, Ernst, now I don't have to measure mine! Yep, that range should satisfy just about anyone. I love my Magpul stock. My only beef is you ahve to do some judicious sanding in order to take out the triggerguard without removing the stock. That's pretty inexcusable, IMO, for a product that...
  2. JCinPA

88 vs 590 a1 tactical?

Magpul doesn't list LOP because they have 4 removable spacers that allow for 5 different LOP, no spacer, 1-2-3 or 4. I bet somewhere on their website it lists min/max. If I get time later, I can measure mine and tell you.
  3. JCinPA

Veterans Day, November 11, 2023

Unfortunately, it's a sad day for me now. I was active Air Force from 1982-1992 as an Air Weapons Director during the cold war. I actually controlled two F-106 intercepts on Russian TU-95 Bear Bombers, and the Berlin Wall came down on my watch (which is why I separated). I was always proud to...
  4. JCinPA

Is this gap between barrel and mag tube normal?

Thanks, Old Mossy, I thought so. I looked through the open action and the barrel is solidly on the shelf for it in the receiver, so it had to be properly fit. I just guess I never noticed this until today. Thanks for the replies, from both of you.
  5. JCinPA

Is this gap between barrel and mag tube normal?

I've been fiddling with my Mossberg 500, turning it into a dedicated HD shotgun, and I'm finally done with it. But when reattaching the 18.5" barrel I noticed this gap. It may have always been that way and I just never noticed, but it seems a bit too much. It racks and operates fine. Is this...
  6. JCinPA

Cannot install barrel nut lock washer, any tips?

I removed it already. This is a dedicated HD gun. It may be more useful with the combo, but I’m not gonna lose the bolt while cleaning.
  7. JCinPA

I think you're right. I only have it off when I'm cleaning the shotgun, how am I going to lose it? Well, it's on there now. If it gets out of whack again, I'll dispense with them.
  8. JCinPA

Ah, that was my problem. They are not supposed to thread back on. Used a long 12 mm socket and a hammer, piece of cake. If it gives me any trouble in the future, I won't bother replacing it. Worked though!
  9. JCinPA

At the range one day, I noticed the lockwasher that keeps the barrel bolt that screws into the magazine tube was backing off and I could not securely lock down the barrel. Someone with a needlenose pliers helped me remove it so the bolt no longer stays wtih the barrel when you unscrew it. It's...
  10. JCinPA

Well, I am an IDIOT! Lost the detent ball while replacing safety

Finally arrived, and got the darn thing back in successfully. What a PITA. Also put on a new buttpad, looks a little softer than the original that was on there.
  11. JCinPA

Thanks, @TexasShotgunner that's very generous of you! I have one on order, though! I have a fix on the way. Thought folks would get a chuckle out of my predicament because most of us who have done some gunsmithing/building have had this experience. I learned early on when building an AR, or...
  12. JCinPA

Amazon only has entire kits, cannot get just the detent ball, unless my search fu is weak. I don't want the whole kit, I'll just have to wait.
  13. JCinPA

I actually have my 10mm sockets, lol. I can't believe I did this. Had I had the gun tilted the other direction it would have landed on the towel I was working on instead of my hearing it bounce off the tile floor. Older, but apparently, no wiser, I guess. 7-10 business days for the replacement...
  14. JCinPA

You would think after all the shade tree gunsmithing I've done over the years, I would not have fallen for this. Plus, the NDZ safety came with just the safety or with the safety and another little metal slide thingy and detent ball, but did I get that? Just in case? Nope, had to save a couple...
  15. JCinPA

Tell Us About Your SCREEN NAME and AVATAR...

My screen name, JC are my initials, I live in PA, and I just used to love the Johnny Bravo cartoons my kids would watch when they were younger.
  16. JCinPA

Simply awful performance from 930 with all the OR3GUN upgrades - HELP!

Well, cleaning it today after the last testing last weekend. I found an old post by OR3GUN saying position #2 (from the rounded end) on the ASR is neutral, which means it will retain the reduction from the CSP. I probably could have gotten away with just the CSP alone, but no matter. Will look...
  17. JCinPA

Question about Ghost Loading -- Why does it work?

@Jmm14534 Thank you for the thought and experimentation that went into that, and the terrific photos! I'm beginning to see how this can work reliably. That helped tremendously, and the fact that the Marine Corps manual for the M4 describes the procedure makes me confident in it. Like you...
  18. JCinPA

Simply awful performance from 930 with all the OR3GUN upgrades - HELP!

@Jmm14534 That is sound advice, I actually should have thought of that myself. Most likely, it is reliable with slugs and buckshot loads with the shorty barrel. I think I was influenced by TFB TV torture tests, my gun does not need to be good for defense, 3 gun competition, and clays. I think I...
  19. JCinPA

Mossberg 500 field/security combo action slide too short for magpul forend

Very nice work! Look into an XS Big Dot front sight, I put one on mine, and I love it! I don't think the forend not completely covering the action slide tube will affect functionality at all, it's strictly cosmetic. If you're viewing this as a working defense gun, ignore it. If you're OCD about...
Back