• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. warren5421

Survival shotgun use class?

Is there any classes out there that teach how to use the shotgun in survival if SHTF. In 1968-1975 I learned to like the shotgun for close in work even with less rounds loaded. If not for a shotgun I wouldn't be here today. But I do like a rifle with 20-100 rounds for over 75 yards or more.
  2. warren5421

Use of reloaded ammo for self protection

I use either a Mossberg 500A or a older Remington 870 to hunt with. I leave the gun loaded in a corner by my headboard. The load is two .620" round balls which is deadly on deer or hogs. Now the question: If I should grab the gun, shoots someone (with the reload deer/hog rounds) who breaks...
  3. warren5421

Difference between 12 ga receiver stamps 500 and 500a

I am looking at buying a 12 ga Mossberg stamped 500 on the receiver. My Mossberg is stamped 500a on the receiver. What is the difference? I have not physically see the 500 stamped gun just 2 pictures. It has a 20" barrel with a 7 round mag tube. My gun has a 28" vent robbed accu choke...
  4. warren5421

Is the Mag tube replaceable?

I just picked up a 500a for $175 but the mag tube looks like someone took a hammer to it. Is the mag tube replaceable? If it is, can I replace it, or does a gunsmith need to replace it? Can I use a 7 round or will it have to be a 5 round? I think Buba was working on it.
  5. warren5421

590 or 590A1

I like the 590A1 but know little about the different good and bad between the two. The gun will be used as a walk around woods gun. Moast rounds will be Tri-Ball, two or three reloaded .620 hard PB ball, Buck and ball or 3-4 number 4 buckshot with number 4 shoot. Will be used at mom's farm...
Back