• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Mikedtkd

Just bought a new 930 SPX Tactical, but have a question.

I have the GG&G oversized charging handle and it is exactly like a stock SPX oversized charging handle except a bit larger. Plus it is hollow, unlike the OPs new updated one. +1 for the new updated SPX June design! I like it and may get one if they ever become available.
  2. Mikedtkd

talo deluxe edition

This was my Mossberg 930 Home Security Custom 7+1 build. It's kinda the same thing as the Talo. It started life as a 28" wood all-purpose field then I switched barrels to the 18.5", and added the SPX +3 magazine extension and spring. Then the Mossberg oversized charging handle to top it off. I...
  3. Mikedtkd

JM 930 Pro Series Tactical Class

I think my local gun store still has one. Gonna check Monday.
  4. Mikedtkd

930 Security 7+1/ SPX Build

Here's the updated build May replace pressure switch with the on/off cap. Not a fan of the cord running down the side as it could get hung up on something. I'm a big proponent of KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid)
  5. Mikedtkd

930 Security 7+1/ SPX Build

Well I tried the XS shotrail Ghost ring sights but they were a bust on my heavy barrel. May be selling the set in marketplace at some point. Contacted Mossberg and they don't sell the SPX barrel by itself anymore, so my LPA rear ghost sight and OEM picatinny rail are useless now. May look for an...
  6. Mikedtkd

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Sights

Took the 930 to range this morning to sight-in the XS Shotrail ghost ring and front sights. One of the XS front sight bolts broke off and went flying after the second shot. Went home and just took it all off.. What a waste IMHO. Back to a flat-top and bead sight. Although... my neighbor has an...
  7. Mikedtkd

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Unfortunately I dont have any calipers and I have the LPA tall band sight listed on ebay to get some money back from it. Thank you for the offer though, much appreciated. I think I am just going to wait until I am allowed to post in marketplace and post a WTB for an OEM SPX barrel. Mike
  8. Mikedtkd

I tried the lpa banded sight but no luck with my heavy barrel. Settled on the XS for now as you know. Would have loved to just get the solder on high sight (lpa) but after exhaustion my self on the phone there are no area gunsmiths within a 2 he drive that would solder/refinish my barrel. Ughhh
  9. Mikedtkd

Excellent suggestions! BTW I ended up using the same Allen bolts. Thanks Mike
  10. Mikedtkd

Mossberg 930 Spx in kryptek typhon

Ive never seen that type of SPX.. interesting!
  11. Mikedtkd

Nashville TN: Stupid prankster gets shot

Holy cow that was stupid!
  12. Mikedtkd

Firearm Photo Gallery

I live in Communist Massachusetts so it's Pre-Ban ARs Before 1994 or Pre-Healy mandate nutered ARs before 7/20/16 This is my January 1993 Pre-Ban Colt R6520 Government carbine lower/ 2019 Colt 6920 M4 upper, USGI M16 bolt carrier group, B5 Systems Bravo Stock, Magpul K2 handgrip & rear flip-up...
  13. Mikedtkd

Firearm Photo Gallery

Mossberg 930 Home Defense Special 7+1. It started life as a 28" wood all-purpose field then I switched barrels to the 18.5", and added the SPX +3 magazine extension and spring. Then the Mossberg oversized charging handle to top it off. I like to call this- "Old-school Tactical" (EDIT- I sold...
  14. Mikedtkd

How Many Mossberg's Do You Own?

I own one at the moment, but this is my 4th overall
  15. Mikedtkd

Update on Mossberg selling SPX barrels. I recieved an email reply from mossberg stating they DO NOT sell 930 SPX barrels anymore.. Ughhh...
  16. Mikedtkd

I finally got the XS Sights on. The front sight took me an hour and a trip to the hardware store for longer screws. Its.... ok. Itll do for now. As soon as I get 30 posts and 30 days I'm going to see if I can buy a SPX barrel from the marketplace here.
  17. Mikedtkd

Excellent! That's exactly what I read from a review of the the product from a 930 Security 7+1 owner. Thanks
  18. Mikedtkd

So I bought the XS Sights SHOTRAIL, Ghost Ring, & Banded Standard Dot Tritium - Mossberg 500, 590, Std Bbl. They dont make a banded front sight for the heavy barrels. which I have on my 930 security 7+1, but Ive read that people can still get the front band on a Mossy HB, its just a bit tight...
  19. Mikedtkd

Anyone know what front sights line up with the standard SPX rear ghost sights. (On a non SPX barrel)
  20. Mikedtkd

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Charging Handles

The GG&G oversized charging handle works/looks great on my 930 security
Back