• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. 2

Model 510 hard to load

So I emailed Joseph (the contact from these forums) and he sent me a replacement forearm. I installed it and the forearm is still a little wobbly (I guess that’s just how it is). I tested loading some shells. I think the key is pushing down slightly while pushing into the magazine tube. They...
  2. 2

Model 510 hard to load

It looks fine on inside. Either they forgot(?) to put a pin in during assembly or it worked it’s way loose and fell out post assembly. The internal plastic guides and all the other parts pretty much hold it in place fully assembled. It’s just without being pinned it won’t “slide” properly...
  3. 2

Model 510 hard to load

Here are 2 additional pics of the forearm. It is all plastic. It’s molded on the inside to hold the rails. It’s somewhat dark in the photo, but if you zoom in you can see it more clearly. The pin inserts from the outside pushing in. To remove the pin you push from the inside to push it out...
  4. 2

Model 510 hard to load

Actually this is a 20 ga. Here are two additional photos. One of the forearm (showing hole where pin goes) and another showing the flat rail (rod) that attaches to the forearm by the pin. There are rails on both sides. One of the 2 rails was missing the pin. So the rail has a guide on the...
  5. 2

Model 510 hard to load

Thanks Bobster. It looks like it’s a pretty special pin. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. 2

Model 510 hard to load

so I field stripped my 510 and I am missing a pin that holds one of the levers that attaches to the forearm. My forearm was always a little wobbly, but I just assumed it didn't have a good tight tolerance. Now I can see it was missing a pin. I will email Joe Zakher to see if he can help.
  7. 2

Model 510 hard to load

Thanks Ernst. Also, the inside of the mag tube is sharp (past the spring “cap”). I found when pushing hard to load the shells the over time my thumb was getting nicked on the sharp interior. If loading was less of a struggle it wouldn’t be an issue. Is it always sharp? Can the inside of the...
  8. 2

Model 510 hard to load

Hi all. New to the forums. I recently purchased a 510 mini (20ga) and shot it for the first time this weekend. I had trouble loading shells into the magazine tube. The shells would go all the way until the metal cap, but refused to go over/past the cartridge stop. After struggling for...
  9. 2

Hi - just joined

Thanks was shooting 2 3/4 shells, 7 1/2, 7/8 oz. per the range requirements. So not that hefty of a shell. I’m looking into getting a limbsaver. Hopefully that will do the trick. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. 2

Hi - just joined

Thanks Ernst. I have a 510 mini (20ga) and an 88 (12ga). Just trying to learn about them, etc… I took them trap and skeet shooting this weekend, first time used. So getting familiar with them. Was surprised the kick on the 510 was similar to the 88, but I see posts saying the 510 has...
  11. 2

Hi - just joined

Thanks John. Looks like it took. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. 2

Hi - just joined

2ATexas Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. 2

Hi - just joined

Thanks old mossy!
  14. 2

Hi - just joined

Hi I just joined. I'm from North Texas and found this forum when looking for Mossberg resources. Is there anyway to change your name and/or add a nickname? I'm used to, from other forums, being able to separate your name from your nickname.
Back