• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. J

Two mossberg 500/mav 88 rifled barrels

I have two Mossberg 500 or maverick 88 fully rifled barrels. Both are 24 inches long. The upper one has a cantilever scope mount and has a bushnell sportview 1.5-4.5 scope on it. This barrel is used with only just a few light handing marks here and there. Bore looks perfect. The next barrel is...
  2. J

WTS (USA) Mossberg 930 SPX, SOLD

I have a good used Mossberg 930 SPX. Has a few light scratches and marks here and there, but mechanically is it perfectly fine. 18.5 inch cylinder bore barrel 7+1 mag tube. It has cycled everything I have shot through it. Buckshot, slugs, birdshot, and even the federal 100 round value packs of...
  3. J

WTB: Mossberg 500 slug barrel 12GA

Looking for a 12GA, 24 inch fully rifled barrel for the 500. Must be gloss blue, without the porting, and the cantilever scope mount. Let me know what you have. I currently have this exact barrel, but with the porting, I am looking for one without the porting. Would even do a trade with money on...
  4. J

What is the purpose of the spring in the barrel lug?

So I am very curious of what it's exact purpose is? The gas piston is in the rear part of the barrel lug (facing the action) and that is also where the gas ports are. the barrel lug then has the front half, that seems to be completely separate from the rear half. It has a sealing ring and the...
  5. J

Different firing pin springs?

I have often wondered why the 500's and 590's have such thick heavy trigger springs? It is so thick and heavy, you pretty much can not depress it by hand. I installed a mcarbo trigger/hammer spring on my 590 last year at some point, and then started getting a fail to fire every now and then...
  6. J

New 930 SPX, do I have the wrong mag spring?

Just bought a brand new 930 SPX. I go to tear it down to clean, inspect, and lube before firing (like I do with all new guns). When I pull the mag tube extension off, the spring pops out under a crazy amount of force and flies out onto the bench tied up in a knot. It felt like it exploded. I...
  7. J

Moving the mounting lug on the barrel for longer mag tube?

Ok, so random idea I have had floating around in my head for a while. We know the 500's and mav 88's use mag tubes with either 5+1 or 7+1. If you wanted to change to the 7+1 mag tube, you also have to change the barrel to one with the barrel lug in the right position to match it. Not too big...
  8. J

New Alabama member

Just joined. Not new to forums and I try to have the same screen name on every forum I am on. I am a big fan of Mossberg pump actions and in my opinion they are the best bang for the buck you can get. I have a 590A1 spx, a old beat mav 88, and just bought a 500 slug. Been getting real tempted...
Back