• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. M

835 receiver differences - side saddle, minishells

I have a few questions about the Mossberg 835. -Is there a photo comparison allowing exactly which dimensions of the receiver differ from the standard 500 and 590? -Is the 835 compatible with side saddle carriers that replace the takedown pin and ejector screw sick as Aridus Industries? -Is...
  2. M

Advice for mounting a light

I would highly recommend against 3 point slings. They are overly complicated and dated. To me, the only sling worth buying anymore is the Blue Force Gear VCAS As far as lights, i chose the laserlyte setup with Insight M3X and malkoff LED head. Im very happy with the setup, though there is a...
  3. M

Flashlight Mount for 590

I have the laserlyte on my 590, with an Insight M3X with Malkoff LED upgrade. Its an awesome setup, with one flaw... the 20" barrel protrudes a good bit past it and there is a shadow on the right side of the flashlight's throw. My bead sight also gets 1/2 illuminated by it. It would be better...
  4. M

I believe that my M590 has finally reached perfection

If im not satisfied with the HSGI one, then i certainly will.
  5. M

Magazine capacity

She 2 3/4 measurement is taken after the shells are fired, with the mouth extended. But yes it is very common to have shells vary like that. Hornady shells always measure the proper length, and therefore fit with the proper capacity. My 590 with Wolff XP spring measuring 25" i believe and GG&G...
  6. M

Let's talk bayonets...

http://www.extremaratioshop.com/bayonets_1486800.html http://knifeworks.com/zerotolerancebayo ... rated.aspx There are more, but when youre spending $200+ on a bayonet, i think youre approaching mall ninja status :-D
  7. M

Shortened my 590A1 OEM stock...

Wow! Awesome job, that looks excellent. Pics on the gun!
  8. M

Let's talk bayonets...

Most quality civilian variants will fit because they are designed off of the M7 length, but theyre usually expensive. The M9 bayonet is an awful design that is fragile and poorly constructed. The M7 is solid steel, and much higher quality. It is also more suited as a bayonet because it is thin...
  9. M

Its actually a Springfield Armory M1A SOCOM16. it has changed a little bit since that picture though, as i changed the sling and mount setup, removed the side rails, and added a Surefire light on an offset mount off of the top rail.
  10. M

For those who have a wooden stock, there is another alternative... Grovtec part #720203. It screws into the wood, as such:
  11. M

Yessir, 5 years Active Marine Corps, and im currently in the USMC reserves. Ive done some shooting in my time, but ill be honest, i am LEAST proficient with shotguns. I need to keep working on it, especially reloading and shell changover. The sling mount is made by IWC, called the flush QD...
  12. M

Shortened my 590A1 OEM stock...

Looks good! I was going to do that with mine, but decided to get the Aimpro Tactical 13" LOP hogue stock. Same result either way.
  13. M

EOTech integrated forend light

In my experience with these lights, they are dim, bulky, and confusing to operate. For that cost i would stay far, far away. While i prefer a streamlight TLR1 on a rail of some sort, the Surefire forends are nice too, and can be found on forums for sale for pretty good prices sometimes.
  14. M

Let's talk bayonets...

The 590 shotguns hold the bayonet on with the bayonet lug and the magazine cap. Unfortunately, when designing it, Mossberg used the older and shorter M7 bayonet, and therefore the more modern M9 and OKC3S USMC bayonet barely fits on. I can definitely see it coming off with use or firing. If...
  15. M

Thats what im trying to figure out now. They dont seem as tight as i would like, but they do get tighter when pressed on the receiver. Otherwise, they tend to bow out a little. My tacstar tended to loosen up a bit on shells too, and i mainly replaced it because of how it mounted. If these HSGI...
  16. M

I didnt like how the TacStar sidesaddle made disassembly difficult, so i swapped it for velcro HSGI shot shell trays. I am currently evaluating how much i like them.
  17. M

Thanks guys Yeah, my next one planned is a M590A1 with 18.5" barrel and +2 mag extension, ghost rings, Mesa stock adapter much like the one pictured, and probably a lighter forend or another TLR-1 setup, not sure.
  18. M

Mossberg M590 Hogue 13" LOP stock and forend from Aimpro IWC QD micro mount TacStar Sidesaddle Brownells enhanced safety GGG follower Wolff extra power spring Laserlyte tri rail mount Insight M3X with malkoff conversion DD QD mount XS big dot Condor speedy 2 point sling I have been through many...
  19. M

What do you carry on a daily basis?

Dan Wesson CCO .45ACP with Wilson Combat slide release. Sometimes carry an M&P45C or Dan Wesson Guardian Wilson Combat 47OXCB magazines Comp-Tac MTAC Beltman bullhide belt Fossil wallet Luminox black ops watch Custom back pocket mag pouch, sometimes use a Remora double pouch that has been...
  20. M

new to this forum, not Mossbergs... from PA/MI

Hello, my name is Joe. I have been shooting Mossbergs for years, and finally decided to join here after getting tired of the subforums of other sites. I am originally from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania but currently line in West Michigan with my fiancee (soon to be wife in... like 6 hours :-D )...
Back