• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. 12G

New Brenneke Slug

I got it sorted, Here are a few shots I have in the PC. The rail I made and fitted to the standard forend. I will now snap some more re ammo.
  2. 12G

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Forends

Nice lookin mod. I finally sorted how to post a picture. My race 930SPX has a homemade rail works great for rapid shooting in multi gun events.
  3. 12G

New Brenneke Slug

You are right my friend, I belong to a pistol club here and we constantly have serious issues getting guns and parts from the States. It is a pain in the buttstock.That’s what you get when stupid terrorists attack my favourite country. The innocent get a another kick in the ammo box. When I...
  4. 12G

New Brenneke Slug

My hot loads are pushing 1691 fps. I dont like melting lead if I can help it so I made a set of dies and cold press the slugs under 20 ton of pressure.They are very high quality and have no voids and are very shiny. The fragmenting rounds come out of the same press but I use small chopped bits...
  5. 12G

The power of a 1 ounce Foster Slug

Happy to do that and have tried to but cant seem to post pictures on here. Help!
  6. 12G

New Brenneke Slug

I respect that sir, I support the forward thinking while keeping the tried and true. Im just a guy at home trying new ideas and discover some interesting configurations and have a whole lot of fun at the same time. I too started with Brenneke slugs and over time developed my own, which out...
  7. 12G

12GA Steel Slugs penetrating engine blocks, 1-1/8oz. 2-3/4in

Re: 12GA Steel Slugs penetrating engine blocks, 1-1/8oz. 2-3 Sorry man I was referring to solid steel slugs made from 4130 with hardend tip. They will not deform in the choke of your gun. You must have a cylinder barrel for these. They will go through 2 or 3 cars no problem.
  8. 12G

Re: 12GA Steel Slugs penetrating engine blocks, 1-1/8oz. 2-3 Old rusted engine blocks are stronger than new ones. Drag racers weather their blocks outside for no less than 6 months to aid intrinsic strength. True!
  9. 12G

930 gas piston

Sure, I have blown up one, pushing it too hard with 2 oz slugs. I shoot every weekend and stick to what I said, pumps are more reliable than autos. Dont get me wrong I have 3 930 SPX shooters and think they rock man. Yeah sure a pump can malfunction....I was thinking more about the super light...
  10. 12G

New Brenneke Slug

I'm sorry guys, they are stuck with thinking inside the box. They are on the wrong track with them for a lot of reasons. They need some modern thinkers down there in the R and D department. If you want stopping power how about a lead / polymer one that opens up like an umbrella on impact?
  11. 12G

The power of a 1 ounce Foster Slug

Slugs are my favorite ammo. I have been making them for 25 years and shot more than 20,000 of them but the most fun was developing new rounds like wistling rounds, plastic darts, lead rounds with plastic streemers that make a funny noise, lead nose rounds that fold out in flight, frag rounds...
  12. 12G

Re: 12GA Steel Slugs penetrating engine blocks, 1-1/8oz. 2-3 Ive been makin my own for 20 years. They can put a 20mm hole through 10mm plate steel. They fit inside a wad. If could figger out how to post a picture I could show you stuff you dont see in movies yet. Oh make sure you dont have a...
  13. 12G

930 gas piston

The 930 is a solid shooter, you will not have much go wrong unless you abuse it buy leaving it in the safe for too long. Ha ha but seriously a pump will never be beaten by an auto for reliable use, they just dont stop nomatter what ammo you put through it.
  14. 12G

590A1 Big Time Barrel Issue!

Ha ha they probably just cleaned it and sent it back. Next time shoot some slugs, that will get rid of the plastification deposits. See it all the time.
  15. 12G

sighting in .338 mag

From the info given, you may have munted your barrel. If it had grease in it you are lucky it didnt blow. The other thing I found with mine is the scope has to be a good one or it will change on you and never settle. You need to get a good top of the line scope for calibers of that nature.
  16. 12G

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Troubleshooting

Re: Mossberg 930 shell ejection issue Clean and lubed is the key. I reload my own ammo, super light on the powder, it sounds like a popgun but still ejects with no issue.
  17. 12G

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Cleaning/Maintenance

Re: Need to cycle faster for 3 gun Had a bit of a think about it, I will increase the gas port size by 5% and reduce the mass of the bolt assy by 10%. I will compare the performance before and after with the same ammo. No mods to the spring, that will be factory.
  18. 12G

Hey thanks for that, I dont know how Ultra Lube goes when left for so long, haha I dont think I could cope with not shooting every weekend. I will leave one of my 930's in the back of the safe for 6 months and see what happens. But when you think about it, if it does turn to glue over a year or...
  19. 12G

Need to cycle faster for 3 gun Hey guys, has anyone drilled their gas ports on the 930 SPX to make it cycle faster. I am lookin for some extra speed so I can smoke the others in the next 3 Gun.
  20. 12G

The most effective oil I have tried is Ultra Lube. It can cycle much faster now...8 shots in 1.5 seconds! I have tried a dozen different types of lube and none quite do it as well as Ultra Lube. Made in the USA.
Back