• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Simon6313

Mossberg 930 once again

I couldn't resist the price so I'm back here with a (not sure) early 930 field model in Walnut that was very clean. Sold the 930 28" barrel as soon as I took it out of "jail" at the LGS and slapped the new 24" turkey barrel on it. In a hurry, forgot to remove the gas piston sitting under the...
  2. Simon6313

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

Re: Savage OU Cool...best little rabbit gun I ever owned was a New England single shot 20 ga. Very similar to the Savage pictured. You hold an extra shell in your left hand between your index and middle finger for rapid re-loading...ha ha. :lol:
  3. Simon6313

Shotguns: non-Mossberg

I could sell you a better, selective trigger, Baikal S x S 12 ga. with four chokes included. Tight as a drum, only perhaps 8 years old...I put an ad up but no one has contacted me. Almost ready to take it out of consignment at a local gunsmith's store- I guess no one has the money in Detroit to...
  4. Simon6313

Various 12 ga yesterday......

Right Rossignol- I get it. Just seems a lot of compensation just to fire a slug. Perhaps back in the day with a full choke Remington 11-48 and 30" barrel I got spoiled. However, I might have turned the full into a modified...ha ha. I could hit a telephone pole at 80 yards (I think a good "pace"...
  5. Simon6313

Various 12 ga yesterday......

Now I am really curious about accuracy using slugs! I have a 930 Home Defense model, and replaced the barrel with a 24" Turkey barrel. I removed the XXFull and replaced it with an IC choke. I could not hit the broad side of a barn with it at 50 yards with the turkey sights. I have now replaced...
  6. Simon6313

Coyote Hunting

Re: Coyote Hunting questions... Now that is a real hijacking- I'll be humming that one now! All those late 70's classic rock songs that we never bought- just heard on the radio... I think that the camo goes with the coyote: it is obviously germaine to the issue. I just thought at the time that...
  7. Simon6313

Remington Rifles

I will inherit a 760 30-06 1965 vintage gun with a 4 x 10 scope that flips to the side for target sight shooting. I can have it anytime I want it, but as mentioned, it is an a beech to shoot. It does not fit me too well, I would have to trim the stock and put a rubber pad on it to be comfortable...
  8. Simon6313

Coyote Hunting

Re: Coyote Hunting questions... Yea- ripjack- that is what I was paraphrasing...funny. If conditions are right, I think the rifle is the way to go. Since I recently sold the .357 Ruger GP-100, perhaps the snubbie .357 is more than adequate for a backup. However, John A. is right about the...
  9. Simon6313

Coyote Hunting

Coyote Hunting questions... While I saw the post about Coyote hunting, seems it got hijacked by all the camo stuff...so I wanted to start a new one. I more or less agree with some of the posts about all the camo (paraphrase "we have harvested many critters with jeans, sweat shirts, and an old...
  10. Simon6313

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Barrels

Re: Turkey barrel: upland game Yes, I think it should be more than adequate. I would have left the turkey sights on but for the fact they seemed to start to lift off after those Wolf slugs I put through it. I also noticed that a few of the 4 screws on top of the receiver also were a bit loose...
  11. Simon6313

Turkey barrel: upland game Here is my 930 autoloader for those who viewed my posts...Started with a 18.5" barrel SD; purchased a 28" waterfowl barrel, sold it recently and got a 24" turkey barrel instead. XXFull turkey choke removed and improved cylinder installed. Removed turkey sights for...
  12. Simon6313

Re: Barrel cleaning-FYI That seems to shed a bit more light on the issue! Whether or not the Mossberg barrels are made this way is somewhat irrelevant, but they just do not shine up bright like any shotgun I have ever owned. Perhaps the blued field models are different- they look pretty sharp...
  13. Simon6313

Barrel cleaning-FYI While cleaning the M930 18.5" barrel last winter, I was dismayed that it seemed not to shine up nicely. Now I have the 24" turkey barrel, and the same thing is happening. I thoroughly scubbed it with a wire brush and Hoppe's gel bore cleaner, and I still don't get the shine...
  14. Simon6313

Re: Anyone have an extra 28" barrel? Another place to check out is LG Outdoors (MN?)- but that was some time ago. Good old Google. I also came up with something like "Natchez?" Perhaps I should put up an ad for a Baikal S x S with 26" bbl. here? Good shooter and tight as a drum....
  15. Simon6313

Turkey barrel Notes I recently purchased a slightly used 24" turkey barrel with the adj. rear fiber optic sight and front FO sight, and can divulge some initial shooting results. I promptly switched out the XX-full choke for an IC choke and took it out to test against sporting clays. The...
  16. Simon6313

Re: Anyone have an extra 28" barrel? Hi- decided to join up in case I have issues in the future. I just sold a 28" Matte bbl. VR with Mod. choke to Corsons Barrels (corsonsbarrels.com). He has it, but he bumped up the price to full retail :( ($180). I found a turkey barrel in good shape for...
Back