• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. 0

Brand New 4x4. Hard to cycle bolt.

EDIT: I actually took a ruler to my range target that was used to scope my rifle in and my groupings were more along the lines of .5"-1" using 130gr Remington Core-Lokts. Guess I shouldn't trust my eyes as much. :) Also, first impressions of the gun was that it was extremely accurate and the...
  2. 0

Yea, it definitely got easier the more I cycled rounds through it. I probably cycled like 300 rounds through it before it was even fired for the first time. I sighted it in about a month back and it was doing 1.5"-2" groups at 100 yards with very little seat time, so that could definitely...
  3. 0

MS transplant in GA.

I like it a lot. I've probably put 300-400 rounds through it over the few years I've owned it and never had a problem with it that was the gun's fault. I keep it in my vehicle as well as for my concealed carry. Pretty solid pistol that won't break the bank, IMO.
  4. 0

MS transplant in GA.

Not yet, I'm hoping I can make it out to a range within the next month once I get a scope.
  5. 0

here's my intro, fellas! viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1666
  6. 0

MS transplant in GA.

Hey fellas, Stumbled upon this forum while searching for Mossy related topics. I was born and raised on the MS coast and moved to GA about a year ago. Currently, I own a Maverick '88 12GA and a 4x4 .270 that I purchased about a week ago. I'm pretty big on bang for the buck on a budget, as well...
  7. 0

Yea, makes perfect sense. I started to realize that it is probably totally normal. I think I was just being paranoid with it being brand new and not wanting to hold onto a lemon if it was one. Thanks for the reassurance. :)
  8. 0

thanks for the welcome! UPDATE: I have been cycling it through a pretty good bit (non-dry fire) since I got it and even took the barrel off to install a bipod also. So I hit a few spots with some oil and now it does seem to cycle smoother after a dry fire. Still not as smooth as a non-fire...
  9. 0

Newbie here with a question: I purchased a brand new 4x4 .270 a few days ago and I haven't even fired a live round yet. The bolt has been cycling through smooth and then is just a tad harder to cycle the bolt upward, before moving backward after a dry fire (only dry fired a few times). The...
Back