• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. Underdog

MC2c who's got one?

I bought and installed an Mcarbo trigger spring kit today and with my wheeler gauge, it's measuring right at 4 lbs. I didn't polish anything just installed the kit, very easy to install and i'm sure with more use it will only get better. I'm still at 90 rounds but weather permitting tomorrow...
  2. Underdog

MC2c who's got one?

The dot doesn't look correct through the camera lens, it's actually much smaller and defined.
  3. Underdog

MC2c who's got one?

Bobster, Mcmaster carr had them and I got them yesterday. I had to buy 100 pack but only needed 2 so I have quite a few leftover. I'll post a pick in a little bit with the Holosun mounted.
  4. Underdog

MC2c who's got one?

Jmm14534 it's worth the wait and hope you get it soon.
  5. Underdog

MC2c who's got one?

I took the MC2c for it's first range mission, 90 flawless rounds without issue. Very accurate and the sights are right on from the factory and the trigger is starting to smooth out. I'll wait until I get 300 rounds through it before I try and smooth anything out, especially the trigger.
  6. Underdog

MC2c who's got one?

Ok well here's an update, I went and looked at the MC2c optics ready pistol today and brought it home. Very dry out of the box, not a drop of lubricant anywhere on the gun. After I got it cleaned and lubed I tried mounting a Holosun optic, well none of the screws supplied with the Holosun work...
  7. Underdog

MC2c who's got one?

Optics on pistols are not for everyone, it took me a bit to get use to one. I had my Holosun mounted on a Sig P365 xl and it took a bit of shooting before I actually enjoyed it and benefited from it. But every new handgun I buy from now on I'll look for optic ready models for sure. I did find an...
  8. Underdog

MC2c who's got one?

Who out there actually own this pistol? I've had one for several months and it never fails to impress me every time I shoot it. Mine has the night sights and has ran excellent since I got it, no malfunctions at all. The trigger in mine was a bit rough at first but has since smoothed out very...
  9. Underdog

MC2c Trigger

I've been shooting my MC2c more lately every time I go to the range I take it, and it is smoothing up nicely. The trigger is getting much better the more I use it, and the pistol has never had a malfunction so far. It does very well with 124gr ammo and it's very accurate. I've been looking for...
  10. Underdog

MC2c Trigger

Exactly, but I guess they have a price point to make and something has to get downgraded or cut. I've never seen a plastic sear before and I believe it should be made of metal, but almost everything is made cheaper these days. But something you rely your life on, should be made accordingly...
  11. Underdog

MC2c Trigger

Update... Mcarbo kit is installed and tested and it dropped my trigger in the MC2c down to 4.5 to 5 lbs from 7 lbs. While I had it apart, I polished up the internals with 3K grit emery paper and it was easy to see where it was binding up. The main problem with this trigger is the sear, it's...
  12. Underdog

MC2c Trigger

The transfer bar is hitting and binding on the disconnector causing the trigger in turn to bind up and feel really rough. Whan the spring kit arrives I will address this issue and hopefully it will function much better, in the meantime I'll keep pouring rounds through it. As you can see the...
  13. Underdog

MC2c Trigger

The internals are almost a direct Glock copy and fairly easy to disassemble. I went ahead an ordered a Mcarbo trigger, sear, and striker spring set. And while it's apart I'll polish up all the internal parts that I can. In the meantime until I get the spring kit, I'll run more rounds through it...
  14. Underdog

MC2c Trigger

John A. thank you for the reply and glad to see others with a good SAR handgun and enjoying theirs. I took the MC2c apart again and flushed out the trigger and striker with Kroil penetrating oil, reassembled it and racked the slide and trigger 50 times. I measure the trigger pull weight and it...
  15. Underdog

MC2c Trigger

I bought a new MC2c yesterday and cleaned it and lubed it, it was totally dry from the factory. Anyway took it out this morning and ran 40 rounds through it 115gr ammo, the pistol shoots good but the trigger is a horror. I did lube as much of the trigger as I could get to without totally...
  16. Underdog

SA-20 Break In

I took the SA-20 Bantam to the range this morning and the gun functioned great and I was only shooting light loads. 7.5 shot 2 3/4" target loads all functioned well and the gun shoots to point of aim perfectly. I was expecting some cycling issues with the lighter loads, but no it ran well. I put...
  17. Underdog

SA-20 +3 Magazine Extension Installation

Lots of different ways to get it done.
  18. Underdog

SA-20 +3 Magazine Extension Installation

I just used a screwdriver to hold the follower in a few inches and used a small hacksaw and slowly cut the end of the mag tube off. When I was halfway through cutting I removed the screwdriver and continued cutting until through, the plastic cap came right out. Cleaned it up with some 220...
  19. Underdog

Stocks?

I don't think anyone makes an aftermarket stock for the SA 20....But a Weatherby stock will fit, although they are very similar to the standard Mossberg SA 20 stock. They do make a pistol grip stock model. www.weatherby.com
  20. Underdog

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Troubleshooting

Re: 20 Gauge Security Barrel For 500 I bought one last year and have it on my 500c and use it strickly for HD. I tested it with a variety of ammo and it did well but it shoots slugs very high. I keep it ready to go with #3 buck
Back