• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Search results

1. J

Public view of the U.S Military

Here are my opinions and observations: 1. I hate being lied to. I know many military in all branches and know that they joined for financial reasons. Now in uniform they claim to have joined to protect our country. Tell me the truth. 2. I dislike all these monuments being erected for the...
  2. J

Maverick Rifle Reviews...

The smell of hunting season is in the air. So, I went to my local range to sight in one of the Maverick rifles in 30-06. I got the rifle on paper at 50 yds and finished sighting in at 100 yds. The day at the range Humidity 60%, Wind out of the South at 10 mph, Temperature 90 degrees. I was...
  3. J

Cartridges Wikipedia...

I know I'm resurrecting and old topic, but I found this glossary interesting. I thought it could help some of the newer shooters on the forum. For us old-timers, it will rekindle some of the stuff we have forgotten. A glossary of bullets goes nicely with this post. I think. :)...
  4. J

Will Obama try to outlaw guns?

John, I used to feel the same way. I have lived in this same home for 20 years. I was the first to move into the area when it was developed. I was lulled into a false sense of security. Most of the homes built afterwards were occupied by lawyers, teacher, and law enforcement. It is a small...
  5. J

The president said, "A lot of gun owners would agree that AK-47s belong in the hands of soldiers, not in the hands of criminals -- that they belong on the battlefield of war, not on the streets of our cities," I don't agree. My AKs belong on the street next to me at all times. As far as...
  6. J

I think he just tipped his hand. He will first come after my A.Ks and then he will come for the A.Rs. It is the same thing England did. (divide and conquer) It is more important now than ever that we stand together...
  7. J

Gun sales soar. Gee, ya think?

My local Walmart is going to sell rifles again. Walmart stopped selling firearms around 15 years ago. I wonder what they will be selling. Any ideas? There must be some money to be made for them to start up again. :)
  8. J

I need some help with identifying a hole

There are many ways to dispatch the coyote. This is just one of the most interesting ones I know about. It was once used to commit a murder. :o
  9. J

Hog Hunting

Re: Has anybody hunted hogs with the Tac .22? I hunt hog with a .22 Marlin using cheap brick ammo. I prefer the .22 and hunting the small ones than to a larger caliber for hunting the larger boars. I am in the hunt for the quality of meat. The .22 leaves less damage than a larger caliber...
  10. J

"waxed" birdshot

First, I want to try "cut shells" before I try the waxed shot. I wonder if the wax will build up in the rifling of the barrels or is it intended to be used only on smooth bores. :)
  11. J

Is the Maverick still being made?

You may be right about that. Keep us posted. Don't forget to pickup some ammo for the range report. :)
  12. J

For that price, you might as well get an ATR or 4X4. Maybe a Savage. The price used to be reg. $199.00. Just like everything else, the price has gone up to $245. Prices may be different in your region. :)
  13. J

My local Academy still carries them. They always seem to have one in stock. I would suggest that you go visit the local store (Academy). They don't always advertise them online. If they don't have one on display in the store, ask the associate to check in the storage vault to see if one...
  14. J

Maverick 88 Pump Action Reviews...

Re: St. Patrick's Day Photo Contest and Giveaway!!! * Merged from the St. Patrick's Day Photo Contest Ladies and gentlemen here is my entry. She is a Maverick 88 with original St. Patrick's Day camo and 28" smooth bore. This is my go to shotgun for hunting quail, jackrabbit, hare, dove, and...
  15. J

Concealed Handgun License (CHL)

I have been carrying for 15 years. The state of Texas has only issued licenses for about the past 11 years. It is called Concealed Handgun License (CHL). I have one and put it to use every day. Congratulations on obtaining your license Dan! :)
  16. J

Bug-out Vehicles (BOV's)

I'm a landrover fan also. They are easy to fix/maintain :) and have lots of room to modify. Recently there was a landrover pickup '76 on sale for $950.00 on Craigslist. It was going to become my next restoration project (to be towed behind my rv/BOV. Unfortunately, the owner sold it within...
  17. J

survival kit for mossberg tactical 22

You sir, have inspired me! I will see what I can do with a marlin 795. What exactly did you put in your survival kit? :)
  18. J

Bolt Action Rifles

Re: Ruger M77 in 7mm mag Thanks nitsite. The m77 I saw is a 7mm mag and does come with the scope rings, but no scope.
  19. J

Day off so I took a couple hours to cut some firewood <PIC>

Re: Day off so I took a couple hours to cut some firewood <P I new it was a joke. :lol:
  20. J

Day off so I took a couple hours to cut some firewood <PIC>

Re: Day off so I took a couple hours to cut some firewood <P One of my favorite joys in life is going out and cutting wood. (using axe or chainsaw) I most enjoy chopping wood with a good old fashion axe. On a good sunny day, I can spend all day with my axe chopping wood. Another joy is the...
Back