• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

$160 semi auto!!!!

Looking forward to hearing how it does once you heat up the barrel ;)

I really do not like the controls.

In order for it to feed you must load the chamber, close the bolt, load the magazine THEN hit the lock butten which drops the lifter and advances a round out of the magazine and leaves it under the bolt. Failure to do this causes no rounds to load and the bolt to lock back after shooting the round in the chamber. I've never seen anything like this

Also the bolt release stopped working. Hopefully a good cleaning will fix it, pushing the bolt fwd slightly after pressing the button worked

After 25 rounds of bird, some slugs and a a couple boxes if buck the bolt would not close. Initial inspection looked like the extractor was hitting the barrel rather than sliding into the grove. A later breakdown showed that the seal on the piston had jumped groves that was causing the entire mechanism to stop about 1/8" short.

I'm very disappointed in the controls over everything else. I will go back to the manual to see If I am doing something wrong.

The jury is still out on this one. I'm not feeling positive but lets see how it works after a good cleaning and a little function research.

I also shot mt Mav after installing the adaptor for the mini shells. They come out of the magazine fine but are getting caught on the lifter. Also my forend came apart. (I did have issues getting the magpul forent installed in a short action) .

Top top it all off the guy dragging the roads ripped out the underground propane line to my dads old cabin. Fortunately the gas was off.

Lot of fail this weekend but still better than working.

I'm not certain what to think about the barrel. I'm assuming the entire barrel moved when the piston started acting up, and the extractor wasn't seating properly?

I'm not certain what to think about the barrel. I'm assuming the entire barrel moved when the piston started acting up, and the extractor wasn't seating properly?

Now that you mention it, I did pull the forend off and noticed the barrel nut was slightly loose. Another part of this gun i dislike but may have a solution for. There sre two sets of groves on the piston. When I disassembled it the ring was half in one grove snd half in the other. I mistakenly realigned it in the wrong grove which prevents it from seating in the barrel.

I suppose the losening if the barrel may have facilitated the ring moving.

I'll try to get some pics, It will greatly clarify what I am trying to describe.

I think I've figured out the controls. Never had a gun with a cartridge drop button.

Did find an issue with the trigger assembly. The hammer was catching on reset which would cause it to not release when the trigger was pulled. Some fine grit sandpaper fixed that issue. The machining on these parts is not the best I've seen.

After a thorough cleaning it seems smoother now.

It will be a few weeks before I get back to a range.

You could check the function with some dummy rounds before then. If you were wanting to be sure it's fixed before you take it again.

You could check the function with some dummy rounds before then. If you were wanting to be sure it's fixed before you take it again.

I did that. I had been functiion testing it with dummy rounds. Thats how I worked out my issues.

Sounds like you've pretty much gotten it lined out. If all goes well this time, you'll be ready to thread it for chokes and see what you can wring out of it.

Installed the mag extension. Its now a 7+1.

I've got the controls figured out but still getting FTF's and some occasional light primer strikes. Pretty much only been shooting slugs and buck shot. Its a fun gun

PXL_20220908_191751277.jpg PXL_20220908_191808693.MP.jpg
Getting some residue on the mag tube which was to be expected

No big deal on the fouling on the tube.

Do you think the light strikes may be where the bolt isn't closed all the way? I know with AR15's, if the bolt is not entirely closed, all you'll hear is a click. When you say that you had some failure to feeds (I assume) that may be a little undergassed causing the cycling to be a little weak which may be contributing to the light strike. I'm sure it could be ironed out.

Not sure of the cause yet on the light strikes. The bolt seemed to be closed. I had light dimples in the primer but failure to fire. I'll keek trying to debug it.

The systen in this one is recoil operated, so I dont think its a gas issue. But it could be something I doing regards recoil. It happened primarily during rapid fire mag dumps. The shell caught between the mag tube and barrel.

I did notice I still have a little metal dust. Will clean it again and try to see what parts are still wearing in. Many of the surfaces are slightly rough. Typical machining for an inexpensive gun. I'll take it next time I head back to the cabin and will eventually figure it out.

If it's a recoil operated gun, you really have to hold it stable and solid. Otherwise, it's like limp wristing a pistol. I'll be straight up with you on that.

I'm not saying your a wussy, but, rapid fire may be interfering with how it works. Next time you get to shoot it, take a handful of shells and shoot it slow and deliberate and see if it improves.

Honestly, if it were me, I'd take 3 different boxes of shells with me next time. I'd load up a mag of high brass, shoot them out (or try to). Then a mag full of low brass or intermediate loads, and afterwards load a mag full of handicap loads through it.

If you can get all 3 working, I'd randomly load the mag up with all 3 different kinds at the same time and then see what it does.

As I know you are aware, not every brand of shell is the same. I have some 1350 fps winchester and 1350 remington shells. The remington will always eject another 12-16" further away that the winchesters. Though that shouldn't surprise anyone. Winchester has never really performed as well as remington in the real world once you get off of paper.

I have cases of sterling and federal slugs so I was shooting those.

My shoulder is not as recoil resistent as it used to be so I could have been absorbing to much. Will test that theory.

Back