• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

1911: Pics and Discussion

AC45ACP

.270 WIN
All the Forums have a 1911 picture thread! I thought I would Start one!!

My Daily Carry

EDBrown-1.jpg

Wife's Package :mrgreen:

kimsbottom.jpg

EB3.jpg

carrypackage4.jpg

DSC01131.jpg

baersig1.jpg

camera7-23-10663.jpg

1911s3.jpg

DSC01006.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

Re: 1911 Pictures!!

Very nice collection you have there! I haven't started acquiring 1911's yet but plan to soon

Nice man, nice... I saw that email you sent the other day! Darn good prices, but I gotta find the right Springer man. In my mind its parkerized or black with awesome grips like the ones on the EB Special Forces you got, or Wilson Combat. I can do those later though!

Not at all unlike the Springer in this pic minus the grips I want!

1911s3.jpg

Great Pics!

Nice collection..

The wife and I went pistol shopping last week and the fella at the store (Who I know well) handed me a 1911 straight up and I liked it alot. I held many different 1911's and one of them will be mine very soon.

AS far as Springer go this one is my favorite!!
I bought it form a cop buddy and it was ugly with all the holster wear! so I duracoated it
black!!

Before it's hard to see!!

DSC01108.jpg

After!!
DSC00959.jpg

I forgot I bought New Shoes for the Brown. VZ Operator's!!

edbrownoperator.jpg

Rossignol said:
Nice man, nice... I saw that email you sent the other day! Darn good prices, but I gotta find the right Springer man. In my mind its parkerized or black with awesome grips like the ones on the EB Special Forces you got, or Wilson Combat. I can do those later though!

Not at all unlike the Springer in this pic minus the grips I want!

1911s3.jpg

Great Pics!

The one with the rail is a Kimber!! What a P.O.S That will be the last kimber I'll every Buy again!!

I sold it to my brother in Law!! :D He just collect's and never shoot's :?:

I shot a 1911 today and was amazed it will def be one of my next guns!!

People just don't understand until they shoot a 1911, The design is over a 100 years old and it's just works
When it's right it's right!! :D I shoot a 1911 better then any other gun out there and they feel like there made for my hand. And if you guys haven't shot a "High End" 1911 DON'T!!! You'll lose sleep and sell a kidney until you own one!!! I made the mistake and shot a Wilson Combat last week!! :shock:
I must HAVE ONE NOW!!!! any one need a Kidney or half a Liver!!??

Looking for info on 1911

Looking for a 1911 anyone have any suggestions price about 900-1200

thanks

Alex

Re: Looking for info on 1911

for the $1200 range get a STI Duty One w/rail or The Law MAN w/o rail
or a DAN Wesson CBOB if you can find one!!

I can't say enough about those two GUNs there outstanding!!!
You may be able to buy two Springfield Loadeds for that or a little more.
Or look for a used Les Baer they hit the $1300-$1500 mark from time to time. And They Are worth every Pennie!!

carrypackage4.jpg

DSC01428.jpg

Re: Looking for info on 1911

Yeah man, I've been lookin too, and in that range, you can get a realy nice 1911. Or you can you a good 1911 and me an ugly 1911 lol! ;)

Man that EB looks great Adam! Love the "new shoes"! Thats exactly what I'm talking about! just on a Spinger! ;)

Not exactly out of the trenches of WWI, but an impulse buy I couldn't resist. Darn good gun out of the box.
CIMG0477.jpg

Nice man! Dang, its gonna be a couple more months before I get my first Springer!

I took some More Pictures Today!!
I replaced the rear Sight with a 10-8 U notch .140" Ran 500 rounds threw it on Friday
and I can say WOW!! The Grips and rear sight make a huge difference!! :shock: :mrgreen:
DSC00064.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

I have to stop looking at this 1911 picture thread...I want to get one bad :twisted:

Ultimate CC said:
I have to stop looking at this 1911 picture thread...I want to get one bad :twisted:

Same here man, but soon... soon.

I started out on a Glock 19 and it'll always be dear to me, but the first time I picked up a 1911 it was like shaking hands with an old friend. I've got a real soft spot for a stainless finish and rosewood grips. Love my 1911s...

SW1911 .45

Kimber Ultra CDP II .45 with my custom bi-tone m1911 Compact Folder from Ultimate Equipment

Springfield Loaded 5" I used to own. Great gun, but I had to sell it. Some day I will have another 1911.

SpringfieldGovt1911leftsidecloseup.jpg

SpringfieldGovt1911leftside-1.jpg

Love that Springer. My next 1911 will be a Lightweight Champion Operator. Just wait'n to stumble on one one in a local shop. Oh, and for more money. I always forget about that part.

Back