• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

2-point sling for 590A1

Hey guys,

I am looking for a 2-point sling for my 18.5" 590A1 for a "SHTF"/zombie attack situation. Currently, the gun is setup with an Aimpro/Hogue 13" LOP stock and a Vang Comp +1 extension with the swivel on the right side as I am a left handed shooter. So I have a sling plate for the front and only a swivel knob thingy on the bottom of the stock.

I am trying to see what my options are and so far I am kind of liking the Specter Gear 2-point 590A1 sling. I see they have two versions, one for standard 590A1's and one for 590A1's with a "factory reduced LOP stock." I was wondering what the difference is between them and whether anyone else has any other suggestions as to a good sling?

The Specter Gear one is quite pricey and I can't find them available for sale anywhere other than from the company's website.

I'm just looking for a good sling that can work with the configuration I currently have setup on my gun.

Thanks!

Are there any of the sling adapters out there (the kind that go between the rear of the receiver and the front of the stock) for lefties?

TravisM.1 said:
Are there any of the sling adapters out there (the kind that go between the rear of the receiver and the front of the stock) for lefties?

There are several. The Magpul ASAP is one that immediately comes to mind.

http://store.magpul.com/prod_detail_list/51

Several others become right- or left-handed by which side it is turned towards (flipped).

Brandon04GT said:
I am trying to see what my options are and so far I am kind of liking the Specter Gear 2-point 590A1 sling. I see they have two versions, one for standard 590A1's and one for 590A1's with a "factory reduced LOP stock." I was wondering what the difference is between them and whether anyone else has any other suggestions as to a good sling?

About all I can figure is that the total available sling (adjustable) length is cut 2"~2-1/2" shorter for the reduced LOP stock.

The Spectre Gear sling is a very fine professional grade sling, and is worth the money. You might be surprised and find one (complete) for under $30. Even if you don't, you buy once - cry once.

Don't try to attach your sling to your front side-attachment point and then to a sling swivel mounted to the underside stud of your stock. Bad ju-ju happens.

Bought the Spectergear 2-pt tact sling #539 with the ERB and quick slide adjustment for my 590A1 8+1 20 " brl. It is an ambidextrous mount. Mine is mounted with a rear saddle web and a front sling attachment that is placed under the magazine nut. I like the 1 1/2 shoulder strap. The ERB is great for quick exit. Sling rests tight against left forearm for stable aim and allows for easy pump action. Still playing with final adjustment.

Back