• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

2018 Assault Weapon Ban Bill Introduced.

The left was wanting to do this back in the 60s. The actual gun control act of 1968 was a watered down version of what some members of congress actually wanted.

No, it'll get bloody.

I'd hate to say this... but if the other side wants me and my family dead... they are going to lose a bunch of their henchmen in the process.

Demonize me all you want... Just don't be surprised when I rise up to the level of your imagination.

I really wish this whole polarized partisan attacking can be put aside and just get back to healing the effing country and having people act right with each other.

I agree.

But they don't seem to care. They are the ones who started calling for this and praising anyone who would cause trouble.

Well, there is going to be a point where people take all they're going to and they should not be surprised if they start getting what they ask for.

Though in the back of my head, I think that's what they're pushing for. I really do. And this was going back well before the obama years, but they seemed to be emboldened since then.

My Daddy used to always tell me when I was doing wrong that "if you keep running, you're going to get elected".

That was not a political reference. That was my one and only warning to straighten my butt up before his belt did.

To that point, I guess all I can say is sometimes you get what you ask for. And sometimes you get for a lot more than you bargained for too.

I urge you to check out this link and video inside. We're not the only ones who feel this way.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...da-shooting-twitter-dana-loesch-a8240341.html

...And of course there was the NRA are murderers line thrown in...

I also figured out I need to work on my presentation as well...

As a Life Member, I am highly offended when I hear the NRA being vilified. "I am the NRA" as the ad promotes. But I have thick skin so I'm not REALLY offended but I am certainly prepared to act that way!
:cool:

But you point out something important and that is your "presentation" and ability to rebut the usual lies and propaganda being repeated over and over about gun control. I haven't yet had a shouting match with anyone but this makes me think I need a realistic rebuttal that isn't necessarily NRA talking points word for word.

I don't like the NRA. But that would probably be worth having a topic of its' very own.

As a Life Member, I am highly offended when I hear the NRA being vilified. "I am the NRA" as the ad promotes. But I have thick skin so I'm not REALLY offended but I am certainly prepared to act that way!
:cool:

But you point out something important and that is your "presentation" and ability to rebut the usual lies and propaganda being repeated over and over about gun control. I haven't yet had a shouting match with anyone but this makes me think I need a realistic rebuttal that isn't necessarily NRA talking points word for word.

The NRA lobbyists and President have been not only complicit but enablers in the banning of bump stocks and massive gun control that occurred in Florida last week (and the national discussion as well). The NRA rep from Florida Marion Hammer was on record saying bump stocks should be banned. And what do you get when you enable the enemy and RINO pieces of shit?

Florida gun bans, unconstitutional age limits, felony for possessing legally acquired personal property. Handed down by Republicans!!!!

NRA needs to STFU on gun control and leveraging natural born rights for nothing in return. Oh wow so one teacher can come in strapped IF the school elects at the cost of losing the ability for a recognized adult at 18-20 to protect themselves.

What happened to "Not One More Inch"?

Very depressing. I'm pushing my support more over to the SAF. Though we have Gottlieb getting behind gun control too in 2013 and then gets bushwhacked by the Democrats.

WTF. My rights are not up for negotiation.

I feel like I'm in Bizzaro world. More gun control with Republicans over Democrats.

I'm not a lifetime member of anything. In fact I'm not prone to join organizations of any stripe.

The few times that I did so it was not a satisfying experience. Or worse.

The one exception so far has been my membership at the Rifle Club. And it's the most expensive of all. I may break down and buy a lifetime membership. The club is 20 years older than I am and very well established.

I've sent donations to the various gun rights organizations over the years but I've never been inclined to actually join. I did send 25 bucks to the Firearms policy Coalition on occasion, and they sent me a membership card.

I never activated it.

They're fighting a lot of illegal gun legislation in California and so I care to support them more than the NRA.

Oh look. NRA being dick heads again in the State of Delaware:

A lobbyist for the NRA, however, testified Wednesday in favor of the proposed bump stock ban being released to the Senate floor, however.

"I understand there is some discussion about amending the bill on the floor of the Senate to address some of our issues," Rick Armitage said. "But this is still something that should become law."

You should not be surprised.

NRA was instrumental in getting the 1934 NFA passed, the 1968 GCA passed, and stood idly by and did nothing about 1986 FOPA, which ceased all future civilian machineguns.

Which was rammed through Congress on a voice vote under democrat Charles Rangle, despite the nays were clearly in the majority. I could look around and find the congressional video showing such.

Hey, without the left who would we hate?

I do not think they will come for our guns with guns. They will come for them with psychology. They will come for them with data. They will come for them with subterfuge. They will come with money.

And that's how we will have to fight back. Just because our rights were codified in the 1700s doesn't mean that we're going to fight a war of the same type. Not lest the SHTF so bad our society basically crumbles.

IMO This will be a 21st century conflict & 21st century tech/rules.

I'm not saying there won't be guns involved. What I'm saying is that IMO shooting won't be the deciding factor in the matter.

The left is really drumming up their rhetoric and antics about gun control. The media gives them all of the coverage they can. If the right would get behind the president and help him get things done, like immigration, jobs, appointing judges, and generally legislating things that matter the upcoming elections would be much easier for them.

The left and the media will try to make it all about gun control and how the right doesn't care about kids bla, bla, bla.

Hell half the politicians these days forget the oath they take within 5 minutes of taking it. From then on it is what can I do to stay in power.

The biggest problem I see is the fact that so many young people have been brainwashed for so long that they actually believe the government will take care of them. They think the Bernies of the world really care about them, or that Hillary really thinks everyone should be equal. They are all cut from the same cloth. You can throw the Obamas and Hollywood in there too.

Kids hear everyday how bad guns are, how bad the people that own guns are. I don't think for one minute this is about taking away semi-automatic weapons. I think what the left has in mind would make the Australian and British gun programs pale in comparison. They want total and absolute control of the people, and there is only one way to do that...

If that is their goal (and I think it is since the USA is one of the last bastions of liberty in the entire world), I believe many of those same politicians pushing disarmament, would be lucky to see another Christmas or Birthday. After all, there is only so much a security detail is capable of. And this is not something the American public is going to willingly accept regardless of what their "yes men", echo chambers and polls say.

Ultimately, it's not even the politicians who are the biggest to fear though.

Media and those behind attacking our Constitutional rights will also need to be put into their rightful place as well.

It would get ugly.

This post is not terroristic, inciting violence or anything of the sort. It's just blunt honesty.

If that is their goal (and I think it is since the USA is one of the last bastions of liberty in the entire world), I believe many of those same politicians pushing disarmament, would be lucky to see another Christmas or Birthday. After all, there is only so much a security detail is capable of. And this is not something the American public is going to willingly accept regardless of what their "yes men", echo chambers and polls say.

Ultimately, it's not even the politicians who are the biggest to fear though.

Media and those behind attacking our Constitutional rights will also need to be put into their rightful place as well.

It would get ugly.

This post is not terroristic, inciting violence or anything of the sort. It's just blunt honesty.
As things get more divided you can see more and more of this kind of scenario discussed on both sides. Recently, a Congressman from Long Island, NY discussed using the 2nd Amendment on Trump if he didn't follow the orders of a court. Of course he didn't discuss using the 2nd Amendment if the courts didn't follow the law of the land. He is also anti gun. YouTube has all kinds of "what if" videos. People are talking about it. I remember posts on here back after Newtown when the anti gun zealots were out in force.

The Left has already started the war, using money and propaganda. They can pass whatever laws they want, but Connecticut and New York have proven that a large majority of people who own "assault weapons" will not comply. They won't register them and they certainly won't turn them in. Their laws are useless without someone to enforce them.

Whether law enforcement, military, or someone else is tasked with enforcement, it won't take them long to discover their participation is a very bad idea. To the Left, it's a way to control people. To the Right, it's a fight against the enslavement of future generations.

Any "enforcers" who do not defect will soon discover they have helped ignite an insurgency war. Their homes and families are too vulnerable. It's not nice. It's not pretty. It is, however, the way things work when you try to force your will upon others.

At that point, we will have already fallen over the edge. From there, it's not unreasonable to also take the fight to the media and even the politicians. After all, that's where it all started.

I don't want this. I hope and pray it doesn't come to pass. Unfortunately, right now the Left is doing everything they can to force the Right into this position.

Back