• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

.22 Pistols: Pics and Discussion

Sorry for your family loss.
And congrats on being entrusted with a great treasure.
That is a very nice piece. Two very nice classic pistols ive seen on mossy forum in five minutes whod have thought.

Thanks very much for your thoughts. My son just had his 2nd birthday this weekend, which was the reason for the family gathering. It was a happy occasion, all things considered. This will be the gun that he learns to shoot with someday.

I sent a check off to the Colt Archive dept and asked them to research the history of this Woodsman. It was manufactured in 1967 and shipped to a plumbing store in Seattle, where my Uncle bought it around Christmas time. Kinda fun to see that it's never left the city over its 50 year lifespan.

Man, I wish we could return to the days when good people could purchase a firearm over the counter in a hardware store.
Colt historical archive letter.png

Very cool you put in the effort to get the data on family piece. And i def miss the Western Auto. Even the smell was amazing tires oil tools guns bikes etc... Never got that 5 speed schwinn stingray with the sissy bar i begged mom for.

I sent a check off to the Colt Archive dept and asked them to research the history of this Woodsman. It was manufactured in 1967 and shipped to a plumbing store in Seattle, where my Uncle bought it around Christmas time. Kinda fun to see that it's never left the city over its 50 year lifespan.

Man, I wish we could return to the days when good people could purchase a firearm over the counter in a hardware store.
View attachment 16407
@DarkPassenger308 i was just doing some digging on the google il be glad to give ya the $80.00 FULL retail on that old used gun buddy. Ya know that was actually a pretty expensive piece in 1968. Glad its in a good home.c78274fdc681cc2774ec1a16a2408c69.jpg

@DarkPassenger308 i was just doing some digging on the google il be glad to give ya the $80.00 FULL retail on that old used gun buddy. Ya know that was actually a pretty expensive piece in 1968. Glad its in a good home.

Haha. I had a similar eyebrow raising reaction when I researched it and stumbled on gunbroker auction prices. My 2 year-old son had better respect this pistol when he inherits it, or I'll haunt him from my grave.

Hate to be that guy (jacking a thread),but looking at the Colts^^^^ reminded me of how much they resemble my High Standard "Plinker".
I'd shoot it more, but I've managed to lose the the front sight. Hens' teeth seem to be easier to find!

Hate to be that guy (jacking a thread),but looking at the Colts^^^^ reminded me of how much they resemble my High Standard "Plinker".
I'd shoot it more, but I've managed to lose the the front sight. Hens' teeth seem to be easier to find!

Ain't no jackin, my friend. This thread is for any .22 pistol and the classic High Standard is a worthy one. They have a lot in common with the Colt Woodman, btw. Not just looks. Interchangeable parts, including magazine.

Good luck on finding a front sight. It took me forever to find a spare magazine of the correct vintage for my Woodsman.

My two .22 pistols. A heritage 6 shot .22lr with 4.75 inch barrel, and a Kel-Tec PMR 30 semi auto in .22 mag.

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_20180926_215829366.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_20180926_215829366.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 8
Here's a Ruger MK IV Standard I just picked up, haven't even fired it yet.

orig.jpg

Dude, I've been wanting to do a 22/45 project for a little while now. Don't be surprised if I don't PM you a bunch of questions about reliability and accuracy and stuff.

Back