• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

3 against one old guy

GunnyGene

Racist old man
BANNED
The Old Guy wins :) :cool:

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -

Memphis police say a homeowner shot and killed two men Saturday morning following a burglary at his South Memphis home.

The shooting happened in the 1800 block of Denison Street.

MPD says the homeowner came home and was confronted by two armed burglars, whom police later identified as 18-year-old Jordan Mitchell and 20-year-old Melvin Atkins.

Neighbor Shannon Nagel said, “He's probably about 75 or 80 years old, but they picked the right old man.”

Neighbors say the man who lives at the home is packing heat. They say he has a valid gun carry permit, and made use of it Saturday morning when he came home to find three armed burglars inside his house trying to make off with his valuables.

When Mitchell and Atkins confronted the homeowner, he warned them to stop coming towards him, but they refused. The homeowner then fired multiple shots at Mitchell and Atkins, hitting both of them.

A third burglar ran off after hearing the gunshots.

"They shouldn't have been trying to break in his house,” said Nagel.

Neighbors say a string of recent burglaries had everyone on the street ready.

“He said if he catches anybody in his house, he's going to kill you,” said Nagel.

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/27714893/two-people-shot-during-reported-home-invasion

Good for him.

Hopefully nothing more comes of it. Families like to sue on behalf of their innocent and precious little angels.

"Shot and killed" two of them. That doesn't often happen.

Memphis is a very rough town. A very dangerous city. I've been there many times. I would hate to live there.

WMC Action News 5 learned Jordan Mitchell has a prior criminal history. Records show he's been charged with aggravated robbery, felony theft, and has several others charges.

Though it's two lives taken, neighbors aren't losing any sleep over it.

"In my opinion, they got what they deserved,” said Nagel."

And there you go. Nothing to see here folks. Move along, please.

Score one for the good guys. 75-80 yo, easy pickin's WRONG!

"Shot and killed" two of them. That doesn't often happen.

Memphis is a very rough town. A very dangerous city. I've been there many times. I would hate to live there.

And there you go. Nothing to see here folks. Move along, please.

Always has been. I was stationed in Millington (just north of Memphis) from '66 - '71, and walked shore patrol downtown about once a month, and spent a fair amount of time hitting the nitespots. Always something going on.

...and THAT'S why we take the I420 loop around the city when we drive back to Texas to visit family. Always bypass Little Rock too...

Unfortunate for the home owner.

Glad he is OK.

I ain't quite sure as my standings go for speed and what not with pumps.

my old jc. higgins will slam fire.
The old High Standers,200 and JC Higgins,model 20's are classic pumps. long before CNC work.

Unfortunate for the home owner.

Glad he is OK.
My sentiments exactly. No sympathy for the intruders except to say that bad life choices can lead to even worse consequences. I'd hate to be put in the position to have to pull the trigger on someone and end their life. Feel bad for the ol' feller...justified or not, must be terribly traumatic.

How come it's the young ones with no common sense think they are going to live forever. Taking up a life of crime dramatically shortens your life.

I know, it's too bad the man had to deal with this. And the thief who ran away may have retribution on his mind (doubt it). But the story did put a smile on my face, I have to admit. Something about 'one for the good guys", about what happens when the 'victim selection process' goes so wrong and along the lines of: 'don't mess with an old man because he won't fight you; he'll just kill you'. Plus the national news have just been so depressing lately that this one feels like a breath of fresh air. :)

Good for the home owner. I just hope he can be at peace with what he was forced to do. He is my concern, not the burglars.

Back