• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

3 Point Sling?

Hos

.22LR
Elite Member
Hello,

Picked up a 590a1 a few weeks ago so now I need to add/change it's config. First on my list is a sling. Came upon this (Spectergear CQB 3 point sling) and it looked like it will fit my needs. Seems to go to hands free relatively quickly (see at 1:18) which is a big plus for me. I haven't found much info on these (on this site or another site) so I was wondering if anybody has any experience with this sling? In particular with the Magpul SGA stock (which is not on yet, but will be coming soon hopefully).

http://www.spectergear.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=005

Which kind of brings me to my dilemma...the Magpul. I'm not sure if this will work on a Magpul stock. Can it be placed in the slot (probably incorrect term) that is in the Magpul for slings? Would prefer a cleaner setup on the stock than what the Spectergear is showing in the photo. But it looks like in the video it is going through a slot on his demo gun, so I'm hoping I can do the same with the Magpul stock. I'm not sure and lack the expertise to tell - I'm hoping somebody can shed some light on that. I've looked at the Magpul slings, but I don't see a 3 point and have seen a couple of videos, but none seem to have the versatility of the Spectergear. Perhaps I'm wrong on that, if so, please let me know what your experiences have been.

Any perspective on the Spectergear or 3 point slings in general would be appreciated. I've done some digging but mostly found information on 1 point vs. 2 point, so apologies if this has been brought up before.

Thanks.

2764f0304ab31e114563b3e4cc1ea5fe.jpg

This is the three point sling I run. It is made by specter but I'm not 100% sure of the model because I bought mine second hand. I love it and I am relatively sure you can run it in the sling slot in the magpul stock. I will take a closer look when I get home and take some better pics but I am pretty sure you can detach the sling from the strap that goes around a standard stock.

So far I love it. I have carried it through the woods a few times since I bought it and it carries well both in front of me and across my back. It also transitions quickly from hanging to up and ready for use. Over all I like it.

Thanks, that's pretty much what I am looking for. If I have to use the harness thing in the back, it's no big. I rather have the versatility than it being clean - but if I can have both...

Back