• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

HawkLake

Copper BB
I went to a gunshow a couple of weeks ago and bought a 320k single shot rifle. It came with the Mossberg 5330 aperture/peep rear sight and hooded front. The stock has some issues but other than that it looks like it was never fired.
Questions:
!.) Did this gun ever come as a youth model with a shorter length of pull? LOP measures ~13" and it seems short.
2.) I had several(maybe 5) FTF out of 40-50 rounds. Have these been known to misfire?

Thanks in advance for the help. I know nothing about Mossberg firearms.

The 320B Boy Scout rifle is the youth model. I have never had any issues with my 320K except having to take it off safe every shot. I assume yours needs a good cleaning.

Well, when I got home I pulled the barreled action out of the stock and I was very surprised at how clean it was.
That was why I thought it had been fired very little. I oiled it, wiped it down, and cleaned the bore. Maybe it just needs
to be fired more and it will be OK.
Also, I see what you mean about the safety. On every time the gun is cocked.

It can be fired very little but gun oil gets gummy after a few years. You may need to strip the bolt down and clean the firing pin. Not just gummy oil but very cold weather has similar effect. When living in northern Alberta and BC I would wipe the oil off if I was shooting in cold weather.

That is one sweet rifle. I love old single shot 22s . Thanks for the pics and welcome to the forum.

Back