• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

#4 Buck plus a mossy pumper

I truly like #4 buckshot for IN-HOME defensive load, not much to say really except send one at a target and count the holes and verify point of aim. This is ONE 1 shot at 12 yards(36feet) which is about longest possible shot in our house.
18" cyl bore mossy 500, View attachment 22918 That should do the trick.
Btw, that is one creepy avatar you’re rockin’ these days DJ...lol

I think any buckshot is a pretty effective fight stopper...especially inside 15 yards. Of course, I can really only base that on what I have seen it do to various target mediums. Hopefully, I'll never personally witness what it actually does to a human being. Take care. Tom Worthington

I think any buckshot is a pretty effective fight stopper...especially inside 15 yards. Of course, I can really only base that on what I have seen it do to various target mediums. Hopefully, I'll never personally witness what it actually does to a human being. Take care. Tom Worthington
So very true Tom, I would agree with that wholeheartedly. What I was curious about to the point I think we will actually set up a test to see if any appreciable penetration difference , meaning thru the bad actor and clothing then a standard wall ie drywall air drywall. I'm curious does the 4buck offer any advantage in that regard ? What do ya think ? As soon as we can get a volunteer to shoot thru we will runnthe test, I guess we may need 2 volunteers :lol:

I only do shots at living room length, 18’ or less (which also happens to be as long as my indoor range,lol) and the #4 buck does seem to work good with a 5” spread. The #00 also does good, with a 3” spread from the Shockwave..I think both or either will do the job..

Attachments

• E9154232-F76E-48CD-9B4F-708EC98D8FFC.jpeg
    E9154232-F76E-48CD-9B4F-708EC98D8FFC.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 10
  • 1416491A-651F-47E8-A8FB-3BF8F3839020.jpeg
    1416491A-651F-47E8-A8FB-3BF8F3839020.jpeg
    230.3 KB · Views: 9
Back