• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

4x4 25-06 PLEASE HELP

weeksym

Copper BB
I bought a new 2010 Mossberg 4x4 with a laminate stock in 25-06 in November,I have had nothing but Problems!!!!!!!!
I took it outta the box mounted my 4-12 pentax scope and bore sighted it,no problems!!!shot first shot at 100 yrds 3in right 2 inches high not bad outta the box!!!!!ok here it goes south,2nd shot 1/4 in away from first one nice!!!!!!went to eject shell bolt came back no casing>>>result was a broken extractor,called customer service had new extractor in about a week.I took it to a gun smith who put it in free of charge because it was so simple todo,went home after a few clicks shot once,and dead center!!!!awesome!!!!shot twice broken extractor again!!!!!called rick at mossberg customer service again he told me to ship gun for repair.I told him that if u are jus gonna put a new extractor in again to call me because that would not fix it!!!!!well in about 20 days i got it back!!!!shot it yesterday after remounting scope,and got the first second and third shot just fine and then guess what happened after the 4th shot !!!!YEP EXTRACTOR BROKE AGAIN!!!!! :shock: :shock: well does anyone have any ideas or a number for someone who could help from mossberg,the customer service are jus following protocall and i guess i need help cause i got a lemon!!!i just want a gun that works!!!!!!

welcome to the forum.

All I can say is "WOW"!!!!!!!

I don't have any connections to mossberg but hopefully someone will come along and help you out...

Hmmmm, I own a 4x4 in 25.06 w/marine coat and synthetic skeleton stock and have had 0 problems. It is by far one of the most accurate rifles I have ever owned (especially for a sporter) and I've owned 100's of rifles. It isn't fussy at all in regard to bullet weight or brand of ammo. It will shoot virtually any factory load that I had on hand under an inch, some under 1/2 inch at 100 yards. I haven't had to do anything to it mechanically or any type of accuracy rework. Didn't even have to adjust the trigger. It really came to life with some hand loads. It shoots a ragged hole with Barnes 80gr TTSX BT bullets pushed by 57.4 grains of Hybrid 100V at around 3,800 FPS. (All Reloading Safety Warnings apply) This is my antelope/deer load and it just plain smokes em. Dead right there! I use the same load with 75 grain V-Max for Coyote. With the V-Max bullets it shoot consistent 1/2" or better groups. This 4x4 out shoots most of my heavy barrel varmint rifles and is a lot lighter to lug around. I'm pushing 60 so the fun of toting a 12 to 13 lb piece through the hills and dales has completely wore off, no matter how accurate it may be. Of course, this rifle being a 'Mossberg with that funny looking stock', I get very little respect at the local range. That is 'until they see it shoot'. No one believes me when I tell them it is 'stock'! The only thing that I've done to this rifle is Fusion Coat the stock in OD green. This really helped it's 'eye appeal'. I'm going to strip down the bolt on my rifle to see if I can figure out what is happening to your rifle and how it can be fixed properly. Check your post over the next few days to see if I figure anything out.

I apologize, I am just now reading this. I just talked to Mossberg today about a few other issues.

Youre right, the CS people are just going to follow protocol. Theyre going to say they will send a prepaid thingy to ship Fed-Ex, and you should have the gun back in 2 to 3 weeks.

However, there are some things going on for MossbergOwners as a community which will hopefully shine a light on a few things.

I can call Mossberg again and raise this issue of replacing or refunding if you like?
If you want, send me a PM on here or email one of the addys in my sig with all needed info, the exact model, where you purchased it, your name and contact info, the exact issue and # of times it has tried to be fixed/resolved, what was done, what was the outcome, and what it will take to make right.

The only time that I ever had a problem with a Mossberg rifle that I couldn't figure out or fix myself, I had my dealer send it in to the Mossberg service center. I believe that it was in Texas but could be wrong. They couldn't figure out how to fix the accuracy problem either so they sent it back to me with a 'brand new barreled action'! I was delighted with this kind of service. This rifle now shoots 'like a house on fire'!
I know that you are frustrated and completely understand, but give their service dept. a try. They've never let me down like the Remington service dept. did. No satisfaction at all, just excuses!

Ol' Fussy

P.S.: I checked out the bolt on my 25.06 to see what could be causing your problem. I think that they did a faulty job of milling the extractor channel which has caused your extractor to sit to far forward. This would cause a severe amount of pressure on the extractor when ever a round was fired. I think that they need to install a new head on your bolt. This would be a very simple fix!
I sure hope that they will repair this issue for you so you can enjoy your 4x4 as much as I enjoy all of mine.

Back